The Key Text on JW.Org Leaves Out The Most Important Part!

by steve2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Don't they say that the preaching must be in all the inhabited earth , to Jehovah's satisfaction before he can bring the end

"So get busy!"

• steve2
    steve2

Well, actually the preaching has not been carried out in all the inhabited earth. The last time I checked there was no cart work in North Korea or many Middle Eastern (Muslim) countries.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Col 1:23

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Maybe we are from an alternate reality where the verse ended with "...and then the end will come." But, in this new reality the the phrase "and then the end will come" never existed. Lol.

Now I think about it the alternate realities theory would explain a lot of the freaky shit that's been going on in witnessworld in the last few years.

• Londo111
    Londo111

What communications are they? If to the outside world, they might want to drop that part of so as not to appear like the apocalyptic cult they are.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

I just went on JW.org. Where can I find a quote of Matt 24:14 where the changed it?

• steve2
    steve2

On the home page but please note: I did not say they changed it; they shortened it - leaving off the last clause of that verse, "and then the end will come."

For example, at the current time, they feature their work in the Phillipines and at the base of the page you'll find the shortened Matthew 24:14.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That "quote" also leaves out the phrase " for a witness to all nations" ...who needs accuracy in this simplified world of the dubs?

They are good at selective soundbite scriptures.. Last Sunday's W/T theme was just a phrase from the scripture. It suited their purpose.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

It's part of their re-branding scheme I suppose.

They are attempting to distance themselves from their long time reputation of being 'doomsday prophets,' earned because for over 100 years they preached an 'end of the world' message that never happened. Now they are emphasizing the 'preaching' aspect of Mt 24:14, but leaving off the 'end of the world' part of it.

We will see how that works for them.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Steve I can't believe you are actually criticizing a perfectly respectable evolutionary model of survival - bet-hedging using costly signalling. on this understanding the end is now obvious and does not need mentioning - in fact the very presence of Jehovah's witnesses on the worldwide stage says it all in other words (still in Maurice Bloch and Dan Sperber mode I'm afraid).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit