She's here and early! 27 weeks 1day.

by Darkknight757 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

So as of July 2nd my wife delivered by C-section our little one pound, three ounce daughter Izabella. It was a very scary night that started with a decel and turned into multiple decels that greatly concerned the doctors. By early morning they felt the need to take her for her safety. We were really hoping for another week which would greatly increase survival (from a 60% survival to 90% survival) and risk of brain bleed that can lead to things such as cerebral palsy which as of now there is only a 30% chance she will retain normal brain function. As of now she is doing well. Her brain is immature and she has a bleed they cannot find. Possibly the bleed is from Rh-negative issue since my wife has a negative and baby is A Pos. So they have been transfusing her to see if she can keep up her volume.

So far with all these odds against her she is doing well. They are slowly working her off the vent and her levels are looking good. We have been here for rounds so as to get a detailed look at how she is doing and hear the plans for the day. Very crazy and exiting things. Hopefully she is strong like her mother and can get through this. Looking like the end of September for her to go home with us.😁

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Just as a side note: if we were still Jehovah's Witnesses she would be gone. The blood transfusions have saved her life. She has greatly improved since receiving them. So to the j-dumbs who say blood kills, they are wrong.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Congratulations!! I hope all goes well, don't give up!

• zeb
    zeb

such a tiny thing but so precious. Hope all goes well for you all. Hugs.

• Scully
    Scully

I miss working with the tiny ones like Izabella... so precious.

Although the next several weeks will be busier than you can imagine, try to cherish the moments with her as much as you can. It won't be long until she's at 35 weeks or so, and then you could be able to bring her home...

Congratulations!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Congratulations!

She is a beautiful site.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
    We all thank the medical progress man has made that make these things possible.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Congratulations.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Congratulations.

My granddaughter weighed 2 ounces more when she was born then your daughter, she turns 3 this week. She is still very petite only weighing 25 lbs but a mighty force.

• tiki
    tiki

Congratulations and wishing the best for you and mom and baby girl!! It is amazing how modern medicine saves these precious little infants...I have known of several and it takes time but they do magnificently!!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Thank you rebelfighter for the news. Hearing stories of premature babies growing and doing well is very encouraging to hear. I've been sharing these stories with my wife and it really helps fight the negative feeling that go with having such a small baby.

On a side note her parents dropped by unexpectedly to take pictures and when we were there earlier she was receiving a blood transfusion but fortunately it was done when they saw her. That would have made for an interesting conversation. 😬

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit