Happiness and Freedom On A Paradise Earth?

by Disassociated Lady 2 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

On a serious note, (and yet again)...

...if the WTS were given control of a small country tomorrow, I guarantee you that within a decade or less, free speech and freedom of religion would be unheard of, democracy would be nonexistent, any form of alternative sexual expression would be outlawed, advancements in science and medicine will have ground to a halt, creationism would be mandated in schools, disfellowshipped individuals would be imprisoned or deported, and "apostates" would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Now imagine this regime encompassing the entire planet.

Indefinitely.

At that point, an alien invasion would be f**king welcome.

• Nameless
    Nameless

So let me get this straight, instructions from the GB and Elders. Aren't the GB supposed to be in heaven at this time? And what about Peter, Paul, James, John and all the rest of the 144K? These seven outweigh the rest of them? What hogwash!!!!

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

I really don't understand it. Kill everyone, then resurrect them and convert them. If they don't want to listen to JW's now, why should they afterwards? They like the lives they have now.

Then, if they are to live on earth for ever and have children, what happens when the earth is full of people and can't support any more?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Carol1111 - "...if they are to live on earth for ever and have children, what happens when the earth is full of people and can't support any more?"

Well, birth control and space travel probably wouldn't wouldn't exist anymore, so everybody would have to simply stop f**king (aaand I just made the scenario in my previous post even worse). :smirk:

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    They were saying that even when Witnesses finally get there they will still be under the strict instructions from the Elders and GB. They may be given jobs that they will find unpleasant,

This is just softening them up for when the elders say get to the KH on the weekend, clean it and paint it even if you don't feel like it. They may need to sell it soon and they want it in good shape. Does the GB even believe in paradise. Do they even believe in God? Or just dollars?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Xanthippe - "Does the GB even believe in paradise? Do they even believe in God? Or just dollars?"

I've come to the conclusion that...

...they know it's wrong.... but believe it's "true"...

...at the same time.

(not a joke)

PS: are you a fan of Piers Anthony?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes I agree doublethink is the likely answer. Politicians use it all the time. I don't know who Piers Anthony is I'm afraid.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A more accurate term might be "compartmentalization", and it is, incidentally, also why I've concluded that authoritarian leaders in general don't experience cognitive dissonance like the rest of us.

PS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Anthony

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Oh I see, science fiction writer. Do you mean my avatar? Xanth? No Xanthippe, wife of Socrates. I have fond memories of reading Plato leading up to leaving the Borg.

I loved the Socratic Method and I realised for the first time that discussing what it means to be a good person, 'a just man', was going on in 400 BC and didn't start with Jesus or Paul. It was another nail in the JW coffin.

Actually Piers Anthony looks good, similar to Terry Pratchett but a bit naughtier..

• TheMark
    TheMark

Jesus washed his disciple's feet, maybe the elders will end up washing toilets after all..lol

Some of them already do. Literally.

Isn't that what some of 'em do professionally, already?

So they're already living in paradise then

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit