2020-04-10 Congregation Donations by Electronic Funds Transfer!

by Atlantis 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Well as usual, the Watchtower wants to make sure the rank & file keep the money coming in. Even if the JW's have nothing to eat.

2020-04-10--Congregation Donations by Electronic Funds Transfer

Petra!
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Shameless.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

As much as I share the hatred of how the funds are used when it comes to settling law suits and selling congregation buildings that were build by local volonteers, I still have to say: Jehovah's Witnesses are not really greedy when it comes to monney. I've handled the contrebution box accross various congregations and most of the donations were not sizable. On average, I'd see:

• 7$/publisher/month --> congregation
    • 2$/publisher/month --> Construction funds
    • 5$/publisher/month -> world wide work

Grand total: 14$ per publishers/month.

That's not a lot. That is certainly very, very far from the 10% over income many non-jw believe that they give.

Reality is, JWs make most of their monney through volonteering works. Elders, pioneering, maintenance, construction, everything is vonlonteer work.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its very important to give money to the leaders of the JWS (GB) and other top tier branch leaders, who else is going to pay for their health and dental care, their food and housing, their swimming pools and tennis courts, the cars they drive and insurance, their airline flights to travel around the world.

Jehovah provides for these people in abundance.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ATLANTIS:

(Petra)

Yes, it’s disgusting that even in this time of distress, the religion (HQ) wants contributions from people who might be in desperate straits.

At local levels it seems the COs want JWs to make an inventory of everything in their cabinets (foodstuffs and cleaning and medicines (OTC ?). They want this list updated every Friday!! They supposedly not just want to see who is needy...but who has a ‘Surplus’! I saw this on Reddit.

STEPHANE LALIBERTE:

While I understand what you are saying, let’s not forget the Witness religion knocks people who work full time..I was one of those people..Therefore, as far as I am concerned, ANYTHING they want is too much! They got a lot of nerve!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If I dare tell them how much liquor I have "in reserve" they will probably want me to send most of it Walkill as a loving provision in caring for those taking the lead among us.

Rub a Dub

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Heaven forbid Rub a Dub! Don't even discuss the "reserve" in front of your TV or they might monitor your conversation.

The next thing you know they would want to make an emergency shepherding call and start an inspection.

Then your Doomed! Remember, the "stash" is "Confidential" and there for "medical" purposes. (As a few sips now and then is good for blood pressure and circulation.)

Well, that's the excuse Atlantis uses!

Petra!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Then your Doomed! Remember, the "stash" is "Confidential" and there for "medical" purposes.

Atlantis ...

You got it! If I ever got questioned, I would tell them that if I was in a situation of needing a unit of blood, they can just substitute a unit of Johnny Walker instead. Blood is forbidden, but the Apostle Walker is a conscience matter.

Also, thanks for the latest files.

Rub a Dub

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I remember that when I was a teenager and a very active JW, we had to purchase our magazines for 3 cents each and usually get 20 to 40 to cover our service hours for the next two weeks. Hardbound books were 30 to 50 cents each and NWT Bibles were usually $2 and up depending on the covers.

We were encouraged to buy up all of the remaining stock before buying new editions and just give them away if we couldn't place them outright. So we would often offer three magazines (one new WT, one new Awake! and one older magazine for 10 cents or whatever the householders would offer. We were still doing annual subscriptions for $1 a year per WT and or Awake! and they were coming out every two weeks. That was a good deal.

Now that the Watchtower has transitioned from a publishing company to an entertainment outlet, everything has changed. So now it is up to the JWs themselves to keep digging into their pockets and keeping the WT afloat.

Juan Viejo

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

shameless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit