by atomant 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

OMG!!!

**** Atomant, did you really take the red pill? Or did you spit it out?***

ROFL, ROFL

• atomant
    atomant
    lm heavily sedated atm.oh the pain.lm seeing ufos,aliens spirits and boogey men.
  • steve2
    steve2

since childhood days l often get the feeling something isn;t correct.You know the feeling of deja vu.

I do not share your "feeling" but this I know: Across the centuries, humans have been - and still are - incredibly susceptible to believing they have been living in ominous and momentous times.

Yet for untold millions of humans, they have already gone through their great tribulation.

You have fallen prey to the notion that suffering today is somehow more significant than it was in the past.

You ought to have lived in earlier centuries when there were neither human rights nor protective state legislature, when the church ruled and decreed who lived and who died (or who was subjected to torture..

For what it's worth, for hundreds of years, people have been convinced something's "wrong" with the world and a big change is going to occur. Even in Russell's day, he orginally proposed that the last days commenced in 1799 and would end in 1914 - man was he convinced something was wrong.

• blondie
    blondie

(Matthew 12:9-17) 9 After departing from that place he went into their synagogue; 10 and, look! a man with a withered hand! So they asked him, “Is it lawful to cure on the sabbath?” that they might get an accusation against him. 11 He said to them: “Who will be the man among YOU that has one sheep and, if this falls into a pit on the sabbath, will not get hold of it and lift it out? 12 All considered, of how much more worth is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the sabbath.” 13 Then he said to the man: “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and it was restored sound like the other hand. 14 But the Pharisees went out and took counsel against him that they might destroy him. 15 Having come to know [this], Jesus withdrew from there. Many also followed him, and he cured them all, 16 but he strictly charged them not to make him manifest; 17 that there might be fulfilled what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet, who said:

*** w86 8/1 p. 8 What Is Lawful on the Sabbath? ***

The Jewish religious leaders believe that healing is lawful on the Sabbath only if life is in danger. They teach, for example, that on the Sabbath it is unlawful to set a bone or bandage a sprain. So the scribes and the Pharisees are questioning Jesus in an effort to get an accusation against him.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Non JW here. Your question was interesting enough to make me look up from my tablet and ask my parents their thoughts. My Dad is 85 so he's seen a lot. My mom is 75. None of us has ever been in a high control group.

The general consensus is that we are ever evolving as individuals and so is the world. None of us feels as though there is something wrong with the world. The battles between countries and people have been going on since the beginning of time -no matter your belief on when it began.

All's the same. No better, no worse. We are just observers of this period.

• zeb
    zeb

Yes there is something terribly wrong and there has been since creation. That mankind has buggered up a beautiful planet and regards profits above all else.

Tragically the wt uses its vast resources to emphasise the bad and never report the good. It has created a monster of rules that when applied to people with minimal education and whose reasoning is limited creates further monsters within families and marriages.

But there isn't a damn thing I can do about that but I do random acts of kindness in my every day.

• baker
    baker

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/08/for-the-record-understanding-the-threat-of-emp/

Maybe it could be too many warnings of doom from all sides. This one is from Glenn Beck and could actually happen now or tonight or in the morning or the next day....

• Spiral
    Spiral

JWs learn early to catastrophize every event to fit into their worldview (the end is coming tomorrow!!!). It's hard to get out of the habit when you were raised that way.

A study of history shows that there have always been troubles, wars, famines, and people looking for signs of a "new world". Looking at the big picture puts it into perspective.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ahhhhhh...... Aren't voices of reason ever so comforting ..? :)

• Spiral
    Spiral
    Google the term "catastrophizing" for some interesting reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit