Something isnt quite right.

by atomant 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.

P J O'Rourke

• theliberator
    theliberator
    It is interesting what a voice fluctuation can do to change the meaning of something. In the gospels, Jesus never said we were in the last days. Notice:Matthew: 24. 4. Jesus answered them, "Be careful that no one leads you astray. 5. For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will lead many astray. 6. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you aren't troubled, for all this must happen, but the end is not yet. 7. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be famines, plagues, and earthquakes in various places. 8. But all these things are the beginning of birth pains."
    In the Watchtower, we would read verses 4,5, and 6 casually. Then we would put emphasis on verse 7. Perhaps reading it faster. But if you read it all casually, you can see that Jesus was saying the opposite. He was warning them that people would take advantage of these events and claim to be Christ. Or as the Watchtower has preached, Christ has been present since 1914. The sign is not those events. He later tells us the sign. Matthew: 24. 29. But immediately after the oppression of those days, the sun will be darkened, the moon will not give its light, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken; 30. and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky. Then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory."Simply put, we are not in the last days. Jesus never said it was.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Yes. I know the feeling. Something isn't right with the world. Human life means less than nothing while tree pulp and pretty rocks mean everything.

Certain humanoids make life miserable for others for the sole purpose of: possessing "bling". I don't think it's a new thing but it is what's wrong with this orb.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Re: the feeling that something isn't quite right.

I'm assuming you are serious. If you are, there are two possibilities:

1. Something in the world outside yourself has changed,

or

2. Something has changed inside you that affects your perception of the world.

See:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/body-odd/phantom-smells-may-be-sign-trouble-f1C9926312

http://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=dizziness%7Cstrange-smell-or-taste&symptomids=81%7C574&locations=2%7C6

https://experiencelife.com/article/5-gut-instincts-you-shouldnt-ignore/

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/19-signs-thyroid-working/story?id=20100212

Please don't ignore your feeling, see a health care professional.

• atomant
    atomant
    Hi nathan., l am being serious however its not health related nor am l anymore depressed than anyone else living in this sad and sorry world.Actually l feel ashamed to be a human when you consider the atrocities mankind commits against each other daily.l saw a video the other day of a father holding his baby blown in half by a bomb one piece in each hand and l cried.How sick this world really is.it really hit home how demented people have become.l guess its always been this way after satans deception.lt just seems to me that we live in an artificial,superficial world waiting for something to happen.Just my thoughts.
  • kaik
    kaik

Word is adjusting to the effect of economic recession that started in 2008. It affected finances, job market, housing, retirements and geopolitics. The world as result became unstable. I noticed that past several years, job market became again tighter. I have very specialized education and skills, have advanced degrees and certifications. Yet, the job market got tougher due bust in oil and gas exploration, which floods jobseekers in my field. Economic problems affected personal relationships and trust between government and population. I am personally very pessimistic on the economy and the politics as we deal with global structural crisis and global imbalances between various countries and segments of the population.

I do not think this has to do with JW upbringing. There are periods when mood is good, economy is prosperous, and leadership resonate with masses. This was already debated in the OT, but Greek, Roman, Medieval, and Renaissance era were full of years where good time were replaced with bad years. For example, my mom thinks she lives in best years, she was born during the Great Depression, lived through WWII and communism and she said except her health, she cannot complain. She was never more free, nor had as good living standard as she had past 15 years since she retired. My sibling is exactly opposite as she face uncertain job market, and skyrocketing child care costs.

• talesin
    talesin

There have always been cruel and heinous acts - just read the Bible (you are still a believer, so that is a good reference point), and you will find a lot of horrifying things - wasn't it King David who collected all those foreskins of non-Israelite boys? Or how about poor old Job? Jehovah and Satan had a contest to see how much Job could take, and they murdered his children, he lost his business, got inflicted with boils, etc.

Read about the Aztecs and their human torture and sacrifices, or the Catholic Church's Inquisition, the Reformation's purge of Catholics - they were all centuries ago, and may give you nightmares.

Times are no worse than any other - it's all in your perspective. There is beauty all around us, if we choose to see it. xx tal

PS ... yes, our western culture is superficial and can seem quite empty, but only YOU can change that - one person at a time. Put down your android or iphone and have a conversation with a person, IN person.

(lol @ Jerryh Eat the Rich! I miss the old PJ )

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hi , atomant,

The greatest deception is Christendom convincing people over the centuries that their is a fallen Angel called Satan , who apparently is having more success than the Almighty God.

The Jewish people were the so called chosen ones for 4000 years and never heard of a Satan as Christianity describes him .The concept was alien to them.

Of course I stand to be corrected if I am wrong here.

smiddy

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Eat more fiber
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    really hit home how demented people have become

There have always been psychopaths I'm afraid. At least we have more protection in the west because of the criminal justice system.

seems to me that we live in an artificial,superficial world waiting for something to happen.Just my thoughts.

Your thoughts are valid atomant. Sometimes the superficiality of life gets me down too. At least we have the leisure now to be superficial and do not spend 24/7 working until we drop dead before we're 40. They call it the pendulum swing. Rich societies like ours move from poverty and hunger to abundance and worrying how many bathrooms we should have or when we should get a larger TV.

Usually, eventually the pendulum starts to swing back as less shallow people being to realise that materialism is boring and being manipulated into becoming a victim of consumerism is not for them. Concerns for the environment and people less fortunate then start to arise. It's happening, just give it time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit