current JW's, asking a question...

by jwbot 35 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

Flowerpetal,

I didn't tremble when I got my book--but I made sure the bookstore, when they called me to let me know it was in, to be discreet over the phone just in case my hubby answered.

See how different we all are? I made no effort to hide it from my wife. I actually talked to her openly when I was just about finishing the book.

Other things about when I picked it up:

1) I was quite surprised on the cost of it. I was expecting to pay something around 25-30 bucks; it costed no more than $12.

2) I couldn't get out of the bookstore, which was also a coffeshop, without reading the first 2 chapters. The rest I devoured in the next few days! Looking at the references

Observador.

• micheal
    micheal

This is a really great thread jwbot!! I am having a great time reading everyone's respones. Very educational.

• Joker10
    Joker10

are you a good JW? if you're not, get out. Dont be a hypocrite.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Joker, that may be easier said than done. At any rate, I'm going to take to heart JT's advice. It bears repeating:

for those of you who are still jw, take your time, don't feel a need to rush one way or the other- it is a "Process"

the most important one is called Confirmation, as has been pointed out here over and over almost every jw has FORBIDDEN QUESTIONS and the way the org is structured one is made to push those questions into the back ground- as i used to tell folks

if you spend more time in service, meeetings and reading the publicastion you will not have time for such FOOLISH QUESTIONS - of course that never really addressed the quetion, merely pushed it into the background

so for many coming here merely CONFIRMS what many have had as concerns for YEARS-

ONCE the confirmation takes place then it is a matter of deciding do i want to continue being involved with something that consumes up my entire life where all my hopes and dreams and goals have to be put on the backburner for what i know now will never take place

i think of all the dr and lawyers and scienctist, actors, musican, folks who would play in orchestras, etc who will NEVER COME OUT OF THE JW due to believing that to pursue such things NOW is wrong, but wait till the new order then you can study about the different birds and so forth

i think of all of us here many who have literally PUT OUT LIVES ON HOLD waiting for a new system that was promised over 130yrs ago-

so for folks who come here and get the confirmation they then have to make a choice and it takes time

some leave right away for me it took 3 yrs - in 1995 with the generation change i started heading out the door- in 98 i turned in my Flock book and my wife and i have never crossed the sill of a Hall since

we started new careers, moved, built a home and now back in college to get the degrees we gave up to SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM - pio/bethel

for some they will not be able to move or go back to collge, but regardless the freedom of knowing that now my wife and YOU TOO can lay in the bed on Sunday Morning in your "Drawers" and read the Washington Post

man there is no greater freedom

• amac
    amac

Regarding the wife question, I was very open with my wife from day one of my having doubts and discussed all of my bible research with her, so nothing came as a huge shock. She has followed a similar path as me but has a harder time with it and has caused some depression for her. Ignorance truly is bliss, but she certainly does not regret knowing what she knows.

Joker10, don't be silly. People will do what they have to for a good quality of life. There is nothing hypocritical about associating with people who think differently than you.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Joker10, can you elaborate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit