America, damned if we do, damned if we don't

by Adam 58 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

As long as we continue to judge our forebearers by todays standards...the convewrsation remains silly.

• talesin
    talesin

Yeru

you are so right. Why do people keep trying to justify these actions? Let'ts live in the present, and stand up for what we know is right instead of kowtowing (pronounced cow- tow - ing) (japanese word) to the government and the 'powers that be'.

too true

tal

tal

• ballistic
    ballistic

I wanna say sorry to Perry. People are greatfull for the help we got in the war. It sometimes seems it's more a part of our lives than others when bombs were raining down.

My father who finally gave his life up for the witnesses due to refusing blood, had survived a bomb landing directly on the roof of his house in Kingston upon Hull, thanks to him hiding under the stairs.

If he hadn't done that I wouldn't be here to shout about it. Poor lad he was as a youngun.

• IronGland
    IronGland

The moral to ballistic's story is that Germany should have been allowed to keep France. Then ballistic's father would not have been under those stairs and the British would no longer have to hear about how the US helped them in WW2.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Iron, did you ever get to read that Kipling? Anyway, please don't talk about my father within a political statment, it's not polite or considering.

• nilfun
  • IronGland
    IronGland

No offense to your father. Wasn't really supposed to be a political statement either.

• ballistic
    ballistic

That's cool man.

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks Ballistic.... not sure if necessary, but thanks just the same.

My father who finally gave his life up for the witnesses due to refusing blood....

I'm so sorry to hear that. Truly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit