WTS Chronology(Oslo Hypothesis) from Vicar;Trinity College Fellow,Cambridge

by Gamaliel 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlanF
    AlanF

"Sacred chronology"?

That characterization is diagnostic of everything that's wrong with the JWs -- whatever the f**king Governing Body says is "sacred" even to the point of trashing every good bit of ethics in the Bible.

AlanF

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

scholar, cholars, holarsc, olarsch, larscho, EUREKA!! ârsc höl, (just teasing, of course)

"Sacred" chronology? Sacre bleu! More like scarred, creased, crashed, crushed, desacrated.

But I think the most accurate word would have been simply "incredible" chronology. It's like someone asked the Watchtower Society if, on a bet, they could promote a chronology that would appear to be the exact opposite of "faithful and discreet."

I have a trivia question for you. Do you know the first word Charles Taze Russell published? (Bible Examiner, following the Title: Gentile Times: When Do They End? and the scripture subtitle)

(see below..)

Russell's first article started out with the word "Doubtless." This word also has a long history of unfaithful and indiscreet usage in Watchtower literature. A friend of mine in the Bethel Writing department once asked me to think about how this word, ironically, always means that there really is some measure of doubt. Usually it is a synonym for the following phrase: "There exists a measure of doubt that we would rather hope you can just ignore for the purposes of the argument that immediately follows:"

I understand that you are loosely using the word "sacred" as an opposite to the word "secular" but that's still rather indiscreet, wouldn't you say?

Gamaliel

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

In addition to the word "doubtless" the brother I mentioned in my last post included, in his list: "undoubtedly, without a doubt, without question, no doubt, etc." After realizing the exact meaning of these words and phrases, it is almost comical to read the Aid book, Insight book, and past Watchtowers that have discussed history and chronology, especially.

As a followup on the Russell "doubtless" comment: here's a link below to the word in the actual article, and a brief excerpt:

http://www.adam.com.au/bstett/JWGentileTimesRussell55.htm

(The Bible Examiner Vol. XXI, No., October 1876, pages 27-28.

GENTILE TIMES: WHEN DO THEY END?

BY CHARLES. T. RUSSELL

"Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."?Luke xxi. 24.

Doubtless our Lord intended to communicate to His disciples some knowledge, and possibly it was addressed more to the disciples in our day, than to the early church.

Let us then search what times the prophecy, which was in Christ, did signify. Of course, if it be one of the secret things of God, we cannot find out; but if a secret, why should Jesus mention it? If, on the contrary, it is revealed it belongs to us. Shall we guess and suppose?

Gamaliel

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Gamaliel,

Please do not miss the important point that Scholar is making.

Undoubtedly, without a doubt, without question, no doubt, all intelligent people would agree, that WTS chronology is undoubtedly, without a doubt, without question, no doubt, as all intelligent people would agree, Sacred chronology. Those who doubt this are undoubtedly, without a doubt, without question, no doubt, as all intelligent people would agree, lacking in faith.

Without a doubt, Scholar is undoubtedly correct about this fact.

Best regards - HS

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Hillary,

I am looking for an animated gif "smiley" that rolls back and forth across the screen until a little pair of buttocks falls off.

Failing that: ROFLMAO!!

Gamaliel

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Evidently.

Expatbrit

• AlanF
    AlanF

Expatbrit. A man of few words.

Hillary Step. A man of words.

Gamaliel. A man of unknown potential for words, but with some hints heretofar.

I shall comment no further.

AlanF

• bebu
    bebu
    "Shall we guess and suppose?"

(***shivers***)

• AlanF
    AlanF

bebu, guessing and supposing are the stock in trade of the Watchtower Society. That's why Jehovah's Witnesses are in the predicament they're in today -- putting forth the "dreams and guesses" of mortal men as of God, and failing without fail.

AlanF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Alan,

In order to understand deep matters of chronology you need to be a Jehovah's Witness with strong faith in the WTS and its Guvernors, which of course is the definition of a really, completely, undoubted, absolutely true Christian.

You also need to have a large measure of God's Spirit, a larger measure of Johnny Walkers Black spirit and wear brown shoes with blue socks.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit