WTS Chronology(Oslo Hypothesis) from Vicar;Trinity College Fellow,Cambridge

by Gamaliel 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

Hey! You guys have to lighten up on 'ol Scholar', he is doing the best he can under the circumstances. LOL. Alan and Hillary, you guys are sharper than any two edged sword I have ever come across!

SFF

• AlanF
    AlanF

Ah, Hillary, but our favorite non-scholar still has to fulfill his challenge:

: I will respond to your response to the historical blunder made by Franz and Jonsson as alleged by me in a couple of days.

Problem is, I've already quoted direct statements from John Aquila Brown that blow away the Watchtower writer's claim in the Proclaimers book, so it'll be entertaining to watch the contortions "scholar" goes through in yet another defense of incompetent writing.

AlanF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Alan,

Yes, it will be more than interesting - maybe he will answer in 2,520 days.

It is of great interest to me how he and Master Furuli deal with their duplicity in first publicly acknowledging the fragile nature of all chronology of the era in question, including that of the WTS, and yet happily shunning those who try to point this out to the WTS. Scholar has acknowledged that he does feel that the WTS is acting beyond its dubious authority in disfellowshipping those who question the 607BCE-1914CE hypothesis, yet he has never answered questions as to how this affects his ability to function within the congregation.

I am penning a letter to the faculty of Professor Furuli's University as I am intrigued to ascertain their view of a Professor on their staff who while getting paid to further the interests of knowledge, also takes a part in shunning those who disagree with his theology. Not something that he would liked pinned to the University Notice Board I would have thought.

Best regards - HS

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

Just who exactly is John Aquila Brown?

• scholar
    scholar

hilary step

If you intend writing to Furuli's University then post your letter and the reply on this board. The joke will be on you. You must not be veru bright when you say that Furuli and scholar admit that the chronology of the period is fragile. If fragility of the period is argued then it is a problem for all scholars including your guru Jonsson. However, if one relies on the biblical record for the period then there is a solid foundation for the Society's sacred chronology.

scholar

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

the Society's sacred chronology

???????????????????

Is that what you really believe, scholar??

Ozzie

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Society's sacred chronology

• blondie
    blondie

That should be:

Society's SCARED chronology

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

If you intend writing to Furuli's University then post your letter and the reply on this board. The joke will be on you. You must not be veru bright when you say that Furuli and scholar admit that the chronology of the period is fragile. .

You have made numerous comic and stupid statements while dealing with this issue. You have also made some wise ones. The statement quoted above falls into the unquestionably 'stupid' category

My reasons for writing to Professor Furuli's University is not to discuss his chronology but his ETHICS. I know that this is not a popular word in the circles that you move in but it would be a splendid idea if you researched its meaning and then matched that research against the conduct of a man who presents an admitted hypothesis ( just love that word! ) in public, yet is content to take action to shun any JW who challenges his hypothesis. An immoral and unethical stance for any teacher to take. Having been to University myself, I well know the interest a University faculty would take in such compromised ethics. This is the point of my post, so please try to stick to it!

If fragility of the period is argued then it is a problem for all scholars including your guru Jonsson.

You well know that given the fact that no DIRECT evidence exists to date the first fall of Jerusalem the issue is settled on weight of evidence, which is firmly against the WTS and firmly for the conventional dating, both secularly and Biblically. If Carl Jonsson is my 'guru', does that mean all those thousands of scholars whose work he collated and who pre-dated Jonsson by several hundred years in setting the conventional date for Jerusalem's first fall are also my gurus? Your attempts to follow the dishonest tradtion of your WTS Masters in besmirching a person rather than their argument is not going to hold water on this Board Scaholar. We are well informed about such trickery.

However, if one relies on the biblical record for the period then there is a solid foundation for the Society's sacred chronology.

It has repeatedly been proved to you that the Biblical and secular evidence are not at odds in this matter. You are actually trying to prove the WTS correct and not the Bible. The sooner you see that the sooner you will become enlightened.

As to the following statement, I have already commented on it, but I will do so again :

the Society's sacred chronology.

Best regards - HS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    sacred chronology

More like sacrilege!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit