This is so ridiculous.....they have to send a vague letter to announce a video and when it is to be unveiled. They sure are good at wasting time and materials.
November 13, 2017 TO ALL BOE IN THE US Re: Making the Best Use of Our Kingdom Halls
Just disregard the 3 hour special event and video broadcast we had a few years ago on how we are going to build a million new MacHalls right away.
Every time I mention if they are not going to build new kh's then why are they still asking for donations for building them? I get the old shoulder shrug.
Is this a presequel for transformation to a TV religion and close all halls somewere in a midterm timeframe?
The digital infrastructure is there allready.
Ive been gone not quiet two years and dont recognize it. Its astounding
I'm inclined to believe that the overall picture involves creating a problem, and then creating a solution for it, taking credit for a master plan that forces all faithful meeting attendees to do (once again) whatever they're told. Here are my thoughts as to how this could happen:
Future problem - distance to attend meetings (self-inflicted by GB of course)
Future solution - more, maybe some day all, meetings to be attended at home, through jw-org site.
* Reduced travel time and expense
* Ability to pause meeting due to household interruptions, so that none of the meeting is missed
* Ability to replay meetings in case you needed to replay that New Light, which didn't make sense the first several times you heard it
* (List additional benefits with vague scriptural reference here)
USER 99 - I find your theory VERY interesting in what WT Society's long term plan may be. To WT leaders it might make a lot of sense to sell most all of the kingdom halls in time to keep WT organization afloat. Perhaps their end game may be accomplishing that and just having JW's " worship " or " meet " online on the Internet.
Kind of a strange way for them to think they are fulfilling the old scripture to " not forsake the gathering of ourselves together as some have the custom " - but hey - who ever said that the WT Society ever applies scriptures accurately ? lol. They have constantly twisted the Bible around and upside down to fit a square peg into a round hole doctrine wise for almost 139 years now ! That's what cults do to control their members. Sick
If they go full on "internet video," expect a whole bunch of readings of that scripture that says "where there are two or three gathered in my name."
There will be some way to register how many in the room when the meeting is onscreen.
For those of you who won't be able to attend the "Local Needs" part in February, let me sum it up for you:
1) We are merging congregations and squeezing more congregations into each Kingdom Hall
2) You miserable worms must not question our au-thor-i-tay when we merge your congregation or tell you to move to a new Kingdom Hall
3) Don't bother whining about having to drive many miles away through winter weather to attend a meeting where you don't know most of the people - we won't listen because we don't care
4) With more congregations & members squeezed into each Kingdom Hall, more Kingdom Halls will be sold - send us the money
5) We need more money because "very soon now" we'll start building Kingdom Halls - so send us more money
6) Did we mention - send us more money?
7) And obey us, or God will kill you
8) We love you