Another generation....

by joey jojo 241 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Sometimes I make a change in my post before posting it but the amended post does not post through.

I just read some of my posts and I noticed that before I posted them I made some changes but they did not post through.

Unrelated to the substance of our discussion UC

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    is that your example?
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Hurry.......Hurry....Boys and Girls............Step right up and take a chance on which is the correct interpretation of the 'this generation teaching'! Bet your life on it and make your choices accordingly. We dare you to take the chance! - Governing Body (tm) of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

i wasn't asking for you to give me evidence I was asking for you to explain what the evidence would or could be?

maybe an example?

Sorry I did not see your previous post stated above.

I posted previously that JW are personally convinced. Not from examples or hearsay or enlightenment from others. But as I stated before, that has nothing to do with the academic structure of wt generation theology which I am posting about. And what I mean by convinced does not mean that wt theology is error free or understanding exactly the truth -but that God's Holy Spirit trumps.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Thank you for your enlightenment
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Thank you for you enlightenment

My post was not intended to enlighten you. One does not become enlightened from others, one can learn from others though. But proof, evidence than can be verified, comes from God. That evidence that I refer to is God's Holy Spirit that trumps. If you do not see it, I cannot show it you because it is God that enlightens a person.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Jw are witnesses are they not?

fisherman you gave me the information that I wanted. I think enlighten can mean that but maybe I'm wrong.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

they are not seeing "all these things that are destined to occur". Prologos

Interesting Prologos! I did not see this part of your post, just noticed it. Thank you!

Given WT theology

The "anointed" that saw the beginning of the sign in 1914 are believed to be all dead. They did not get to see all of the sign, (disgusting thing.)

AS for the "second group," they do see the final part of the sign. The destruction is not part of the sign. But since they did not see the first part of the sign, they did not see all of the sign in its entirety.

If Jesus meant that those old guys ("anointed") that were around in 1914 would see the final part of the sign, (from the planet earth before passing away) I do not see it.

• prologos
    prologos

WT  [old] theology. Fisherman, did they not teach in the 1920s, that the churches proclaiming that "the UN is the expression of God's Kingdom on Earth"? constitutes the disgusting thing?

WT [newest] theology. I was referring to the current prophecy, which demands that the anointed remnant will be raptured before the onset of the End.; long enough before the batlle of Armageddon to be integrated into the immortal combat formations? so:

Because the anointed are the wt generation, they are supposed to pass away, they could not possibly be the generation that Jesus was talking about !! right? because Jesus said after all, the generation will not pass away.

It is the OS, prospective members of the GC, a constantly overlapping generation , not the anointed that fits the biblical description. How could wt writers missed that? 

• prologos
    prologos
     You said, Fisherman: :--The destruction is not part of the sign. well, the final destruction, of Jerusalem, the temple might not part of the  the preliminary sign, but must in mho, be part of 'all these things,' (not one stone left upon the other), and of course THE battle, in the final fulfillment. or?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit