Another generation....

by joey jojo 241 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I'm sure Simon can remove it if he wants to. He can remove the rest of my posts as well,might be a good idea. I would be happy.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Ucantnome, I thought you had posted this by mistake on the neighbour thread. I am very simple, and there was more witness the name than generation there to my eyes. no doubt your deep, although for me too convoluted arguments are valued by many.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

prologos, no doubt your deep

lol, no im not deep.

I need to stop posting this sort of post. I feel more anxious later which isn't good. I would be better not to post anything

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Prologos

(Matthew 24:32-35) 32 “Now learn this illustration from the fig tree: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.

Again, there appears to be difference between the sign and the destruction that follows.

*** w15 8/15 p. 15 par. 7 Keep in Expectation! ***
    *** w14 1/15 p. 31 par. 16 “Let Your Kingdom Come”—But When? ***
    Yet, Jesus’ words at Matthew 24:34 give us confidence that at least some of “this generation will by no means pass away” before seeing the start of the great tribulation. This should add to our conviction that little time remains before the King of God’s Kingdom acts to destroy the wicked and usher in a righteous new world.—2 Pet. 3:13.

*** w14 1/15 p. 31 par. 16 “Let Your Kingdom Come”—But When? ***
    The second group included in “this generation” are anointed contemporaries of the first group. They were not simply alive during the lifetime of those in the first group, but they were anointed with holy spirit during the time that those of the first group were still on earth.

According to the above wt, the oldest anointed of the second group that qualifies must have been born about 20 years AFTER 1914 to be an anointed contemporary of the first group. The wt and all jw are all in: that everything converges within a year or so. However, there is a safety valve in the wt defining generation above, younger anointed born after 1934 also qualify. But as TD poetically mentioned, there are inherent features in the prophecy that limit length of generation one of which is the great crowd.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I need to stop posting this sort of post.

Why? It is interesting. You do not resort to logical fallacies or intentional obfuscations and diversions and what you post contributes to the substance of the thread.

• prologos
    prologos

F: :"Yet, Jesus’ words at Matthew 24:34 give us confidence that at least some of “this generation will by no means pass away” before seeing the start of the great tribulation--"

here you see the squirming, the double talk. The anointed generation will pass away well before Armageddon according to wt. . It will pass away before all these things, sign and final destruction, all, and there is where wt fails. contradicting Jesus. It is not the start of the great tribulation, but mainly  it's climax that really comprises the all.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    So, too, with our generation in this twentieth century. After all that we have gone through since 1914, our generation would be, of all generations, the "most to be pitied".
    Think of it, though! Worthy ones of this generation of mankind will be saved alive out of the rest of this world distress so as to survive the worst of it and enter into God's Messianic new system of things and not need a resurrection from the dead to life on earth! This is a valid hope well founded on what was said by Jesus Christ..."

and witnessing/preaching is in a courtroom setting hence the truth, witnesses/ the 'mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah' I find it difficult to see how

The wt knows that their expectations relating to the 1914 generation in terms of time were incorrect (more than once) The substance of the kingdom message though, which brings hope to mankind that they preach about and advocate is correct and true based upon the Bible. They have been off by timing but not by doctrine. They have published that HS enlightens their understanding progressively but not like the prophets of old or inspired writers like Paul. You do not see it and neither does TD.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

It seems to me fisherman you are saying that as witnesses in this court it doesn't matter what they say, if its true or not its who is backing them that is important

sort of if you don't like it take it up with my big brother

• prologos
    prologos
    Fisherman your sincerity is admirable, I do not know about TD, but we have discussed cold facts here, without regard that there is a deeper malaise, If there was no talking snake, that we are living a normal, not sinful life, that there is no original sin, but the glory of life in us as it was developing as expected. That we are normal creatures, not degenerate adams, but survivors in the reaching for the future. We wanted to show, that the details do not fit the picture and even the picture might not be what reality is. p.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

It seems to me fisherman you are saying that as witnesses in this court it doesn't matter what they say, if its true or

A witness in a Court of law testifies to what he knows is true, (things that he has struck with a hammer and measured with a ruler, such as the angels and God's Holy Spirit) and about things that he believes to be true (conclusions.) All of his testimony is true as far as he knows unless he is intentionally lying.

not its who is backing them that is important

Yes, there is something more than meets the eye about the watchtower and its message. I likened it in another post to the dance of death between Charles Bronson and Henry Fonda in the movie, Once Upon a Time in the West. Henry Fonda came to a realization knowing what it was all about before he was killed. JW have already come to the realization, they see but cannot explain the color red to a blind man sort of speak. Every man on earth must come to the same realization, be it now, be it at the point of dying or be it after they are resurrected and and face the triumphant resurrected righteous and the victorious great crowd. But that is only my belief.

sort of if you don't like it take it up with my big brother

No, the wt responds to respectful letters containing academic questions. Some people do like the wt answers but the answers they give are valid. That is how they see it. You dont have to agree or like what they believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit