The biggest issue the Society has to face.

by nicolaou 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Not paedophilia - as much as that must be dealt with. Not blood, shunning, corruption, failed prophecy, bunked chronology, the Internet or U.N type scandals.

The biggest issue/threat the watchtower faces is AUTHORITY.

Hold up any other issue before a true JW and the shutters come down. Why? Because they have listened to 'authority'. Try to reason with them from the Scriptures or by logic and your arguments will be politely dismissed because you do not speak with 'authority'. This all changes - gradually - when the authority of the Governing Body/Faithful and Discreet Slave Class becomes undermined.

If they they do not have authority from Jehovah God then everything else begins to fall away, including the scales from their eyes. For good reason, the Society constantly warns the brothers not to allow apostates to plant a seed of doubt in their minds, to 'watch out for the [corrupting] leaven of the Pharisees'. I say, let's do what is expected of us. Plant those seeds of doubt about the 'Slave Class'. Share the corrupting leaven of sound scriptural refutation (if that's what you're into) or clear, simple logic and reasonable argumentation.

You are an Apostate, be proud of it!

Nic'

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

They are so afraid that someone might think on their own If its the truth then truth will stand on its own. Well fellow friends it don't hold water does it.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Nic,

I say, let's do what is expected of us. Plant those seeds of doubt about the 'Slave Class'.

I agree with you - but how do you plant those seeds when a JW won't listen or look? How do you do it when you are considered 'dangerous' to their spirituality? How do you do it when you cannot even get into a conversation or they won't read your mail or reply to it or return your 'phone calls or your text messages?

I'd like some BIG expose that makes them really think, something BIG in the press or television that really brings the wraps off the Borg - and not just the paedophile issue as they seem to have (temporarily) covered that over; it's certainly not in the media spotlight in England any more. Trouble is, when/or will that BIG expose happen?

I'll read this thread with interest to glean ideas - but I'm not confident as most things have been tried; but I love the thought!

Dansk

• avengers
    avengers

You are an Apostate, be proud of it!

To tell you the truth I still can't consider myself an apostate. I wasn't the one that broke Jehovah's Laws.
    Isn't the Governing Body the apostate?.

They were the ones that joined up with the Wild Beast.
    They were the ones that had shares in the military.
    They were the ones that got fined for polluting property, while preaching that Jehovah will destroy those who ruin the earth.
    They are the ones protecting the perpetrator instead of the children.
    They are teaching my family not to have association with me, to hate me by saying that I am the apostate .

Who's the "real" apostate here? Me? Why? I didn't break any laws. They did. Aren't they the ones who actually left the Truth?

Andy

• Dansk
    Dansk

Nic,

You have a pm.

Dansk

• mizpah
    mizpah

Avengers:

I couldn't agree more. If one still values Christian faith, it is the Bible and not an organization that determines who is and is not an "apostate." Unfortunately, many XJWs have abandoned all faith in God and the Bible. And the Watchtower points to these individuals to justify its "broad brush" portrayal of all who leave the organization. But there remains many of us who left because we no longer felt the Watchtower Society represented God and Christ. But we still hold to the Christian principles set forth in God's word.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's 5 years since I made this post. I've changed my opinions on a lot of things, but not this. Many feel that the Watchtower will face collapse only when the money ebbs away - I disagree. Even if impoverished, taxed and stripped of charitable status, the WT would continue to command the loyalty of millions of followers, those trials might actually increase such loyalty.

It's the perceived AUTHORITY of the Society that needs to weaken, not its finances.

Nic'

• wobble
    wobble

That is why whenever I get the chance I ask witnesses to show me from the Bible how and why the FDS/GB were chosen in 1919.

Not one,despite promises has come back with proof,but getting them to examine this basis for authority is a start to them thinking for themselves.

I also added to the last guy I spoke to on this that if they were not chosen,they should keep their mouths shut!

love

Wobble

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    The biggest issue/threat the watchtower faces is AUTHORITY.

yes I agree - and to them authority means organization,equilibrium, harmony and peace- but the numbers on the outside getting themselves through life individually or in some other way is plain to see even if they think we are teetering on the edge. (but of course to them only their structure will suffice, but we aren't bothered, we are at home with challenge)

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

It's the perceived AUTHORITY of the Society that needs to weaken, not its finances.

You are correct in this assumption. Organizations as well as individuals have the authority that people are willing to give to them. In the case of the Watchtower the question will be as to how much individual members are willing to put up with. What I feel is a real possiblity is that a feeling of resentment may begin to develop among members (especially Elders) if it is perceive that the Society is not addressing problems quickly enough. Problems such as the loss of young people and the diminishing returns on field service are examples. If problems begin to snowball they may be secondary to the loss of the authority the society could experience as a result.

Just want to add that we miss you Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit