The biggest issue the Society has to face.

by nicolaou 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I think you guys are right, and it still falls into line with what Nic is saying. If the homosexual thing DID come to a fore in such a manner, and the society ended up accepting it, it would appear they had no authority.

How could they accept such a thing without losing LOADS of members? They couldn't. Sodom and Gomorrah is pretty straightforward. If they "talked" , even "breathed" about accepting homosexuals on ANY level...they would fall hard, as there would be many a more teaching that would have to be adjusted after.

Hmmm. I think if there are any lurkers about, they should go out and get themseves a pink suit...get this in motion.

lurk3r

• besty
    besty
    That's what I am thinking. The Witnesses are on the wrong side of the tide of opinion on this issue.

Homosexuality, equal rights for women and Health and Safety would be the issues keeping me up at night if I was in the Legal Dept.

For example - could the WTS as a Registered Charity be compelled to register all its 'volunteer agents', give them public safety training and indemnify the general public who may be in contact with said volunteer agents?

What 'responsibilities' do charity volunteers and the organizations they represent accrue, along with the significant tax 'rights' they greedily accept?

ETA : Note - I apologize to all genuine charities for this viewpoint - the bad apple may drag you down.

If the WTS can have 'genuine anointed', then we can have 'genuine charities'. :-)

• babel on
    babel on

i wish they would accept them so someone thats been railing could go home againjeeze

• besty
    besty

meaning?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I find it funny when I refer to my self as an apostate as refered to by Watchtower. IMO Russell was crooked from the start and Rutherford only build on the wrong foundation so WTS has nothing to do about being true religion so when they call someone an apostate it's just a joke!

Now some people wonder why many turn against God and the bible, well I'm still at the state where I believe the bible and I still worship Jehovah God. Said that, Watchtower weakens anyone's belief in God when an individual learns the truth. To me WTS is an organization that follows angel of light in a way. They use many things found in the bible andapply many things, from outside it appears that it is Christian and it appears that they try to maintain a Christian lifestyle and from that assumption one comes to think of them as God's worshippers. When one actually looks deeper then one find the dark side to this religion and that is what stumbles many to reject WTS and at the same time question the very existence of God. I know I've lost some faith since I would have never ever question the existence of God before but now I am not sure - I'll leave it at that.

If there is a God then He doesn't have a religion or an organization but knows those that seek him and try to live up to His standards.

If there is no God and we all evolved from nothing then my consious struggle is, is there such thing as moralety? If we are just as the rest of animals but limit ourselves because of man's imposed moral values on us is there really anything bad that we do? If we "cheat" on our wives - is that wrong? Animals don't have a problem with that so why do we? If we feel like stealing or killing is there such a thing as wrong if we really have no one to answer to but only fear of getting caught? If there is no God how can we pass judgement on some one we percieve evil as a pedophile or a murderer? Really don't animals kill? Just because we have a superior thinking abilities but if there is no God any moral justification for not doing so called bad deed is only mental state which animals don't agree with this moral code. Animals kill to eat but sometimes they kill to prove to be a leader of a pack- if there is no God can murderers be looked at as evil when they're just acting out their natural behaviour and we look at them as evil because they've been caught and we hate them because that's how we have been programmed to reason by society? If there is no God is there anything we can't do?

If there is a God, obviously everything changes and we must reason that to some degree we have to limit out actions so may be we can be preserved alive or have a hope of some sort of extension of life beyond what we've got left her on earth at present time? At present I still worship Jehovah God but I know that WTS is a decietful religion, more than many because they pretend to be following the bible to such a great extend that when the lies come forth it destroys a man spiritually in many ways. IMO when people leave WTS many go to the extrems because of their mental state - many think that they will be destroyed at armageddon so why not live it up. Or there is no God so what the fuck, might as well do whatever. Either way many that leave WTS tend to move away from principals found in the Bible. Like I said earlier, my faith in God has been weakened due to WTS's facts coming to light and as I keep seeking knowledge I don't know where I'll be a year or two from now and personally I hope I prove to myself that God is real but time will tell.

Also as for WTS finally falling apart it will be both the authority and finance that will do it. IMO the elimination of the bookstudy is to prop up the donations for the KHs as there are only two meetings the likelyhood of greater attendence of Thursday meeting increases and thus more people will feel like they will be using the KH more thus more chance of them donating more than usual or maybe more on regular basis. Hours for recruitment dropped so that will keep the followers thinking that they are achieving WTS goals thus proving themselves to Christ for their eternal life reward so maybe more will keep going longer. If enough sheeple continue to buy GB's BS that they have to be careful about so called apostate sites and any info about WTS is partially true and they follow that advise they will never learn the facts about WTS, but WTS has set themselves up for a limited period in time when sooner or later they will have to revise 1914 and loose a majority of the faithful or they will at some time do something extremly stupid which will rival other cult groups. Big question is "What do GB really believe?" Another way for them to fall apart is when (if God exists) Christ does return and finds them(WTS) not worthy and judges them deserving destruction. B's authority will wane in minds of those that have been around for a while and nothing occurs but then WTS will write articles that we are in not for a date but to walk with God where some may leave but that will be logical enough for many to stick it out with WTS even if they feed them enough BS before they screap 1914 lie. Even if many left, WTS would sell of bunch of KHs and cash in, while the many others that stick around would feel that was a time of testing and would continue knocking to recruit more and the new comers wouldn't know the BS of 1914 just like many don't know anything about 1874, 1925 or 1975. So even if the membership collapsed by 50% the WTS would have a lot of revenue from selling off the empty buildings and consolidating congregations and packing 3,4 or 5 congregations into 1 building reasoning the times are tough. Remember, it is rare for leaders to have it rough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit