JW Admits She Doesn't Want To Think!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One of my wife's best friends talked to her yesterday about "the truth". She wanted to know if they could get together to "talk". After some conversation, my wife asked her if she thought all the "prophecies" in the Isaiah book seemed reasonable. She asked if the "generation" issue bothered her and so forth. Her friend's answer was, "It does bother me but I try not to think about it". My wife asked her if she felt that this was a good thing and her friend admitted that it was not......But it is incredible that intelligent Jehovah's Witnesses are afraid to think.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    But it is incredible that intelligent Jehovah's Witnesses are afraid to think.

Nothing new here, Min, I'm afraid.

Dansk

• Special K
    Special K

Just the type of persons J.W. Religion likes. Intelligent persons who don't want to think and stick their heads in the sand...

They even teach ones not to think...

Just .. pray and wait on Jehovah for EVERY THING..

special k

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Actually, I think we all need to watch ourselves for this--no matter what our belief system. Human beings--especially adult human beings--do not like to have their world views shaken. We will do everything we can to avoid facing that something that we firmly believe is true is, in fact, not true. It can be that a friend is not trustworthy, or that an "enemy" has been right all along. Humans are like that and it takes a great deal of work and emotional strength to keep our minds and hearts open to reconsider what we believe we know to be true.

• shera
    shera

I always pushed things in the back of my constantly with the beliefs.

Hopefully she will not live like this for the rest of her life,she is probley withering away inside.

• minimus
    minimus

Such non-thinkers waste their lives. They see and hear all of the dirty laundry that goes on within the organization yet still keep their heads in the sand so that they don't have to make crucial decisions.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Once when discussing the Blood Issue with a JW relative of mine, I was asking about the approved and unapproved fractions that JWs are allowed to take. So, I asked her if her conscience would allow her take hemoglobin. Her answer was "I do not know. I do not make those decisions."

That pretty much terminated the discussion.

Jeff S.

• minimus
    minimus

When you hear a person who is very vocal and opinionated say she doesn't want to think, I find it troubling.Obviously, this says something about mind-control, doesn't it???

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

They always give the same answer when questioned about this..."Where else would we go?", "Who else has the truth?"

There is, obviously, a fundamental logical flaw here. Just because the Org seems to offer the best deal (eternal life on paradise earth, etc.) they MUST be the truth. Therefore, anything the FDS says MUST be the truth. Typical cult-like circular logic. Pathetic.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't confuse me with the facts.--Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit