JW Admits She Doesn't Want To Think!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

This reminds me a quote Elswhere posted in the past:

*** w67 6/1 p. 338 Move Ahead with Jehovah’s Organization ***

How will we put these four things into effect? First, study: We may think of study as hard work, as involving heavy research. But in Jehovah’s organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this, these preparing the good material in The Watchtower and other publications of the Society. But you do not study enough? Take this suggestion: Often the very best and most beneficial studying you do is that done when you read a new Watchtower or Awake! or a new book with the joy of getting the new truths and a fresh view. You remember the points. You talk enthusiastically to others about them. So try this: Pick up each Watchtower or Awake! as it comes and read it, just for the joy and pleasure it gives. Remember, you are not sitting down to study, just to enjoy the information. This will increase your joy of reading and will give you incentive for more definite, organized study. Jehovah wants you to enjoy your study. He does not want it to be drudgery to you. He is the happy God, taking pleasure in providing all this rich spiritual food.—1 Tim. 1:11; Acts 20:35.
  • minimus
    minimus

We are "fed" either by force or by our not fussing over what we eat. Since we've been told it's the most nutritious, delectable "food" out there, all we have to do is show up and be intraveneously "fed".

• heathen
    heathen

I think all cults would like a following like that . We forbid you to read someone elses literature because ours alone is divinely inspired . The worlds experts are from satan so the only ones we trust are those that agree with the WTBTS .

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    So, I asked her if her conscience would allow her take hemoglobin. Her answer was "I do not know. I do not make those decisions."

Man that is scary.

" Excuse me brother elder, Am I allowed to take hemoglobin?"

" Well sister headinthesand I don't know, and I will have to check with the HLC"

" But the doctors say I need treatment right away, or I may die"

" Don't worry sister, there is always the hope of a resurrection. You wouldn't want to do anything to displease your heavenly father"

• kj
    kj

drwtsn32, that WT quote is the biggest bunch of bullsh*t I've ever seen! I've got that one in my bound volumes too! Don't waste your time thinking, the society will do it for you! Unbelievable

kj

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

kj: Exactly!! It's one of my favorite disturbing quotes that the WTS has made. I have a growing collection.

BTW, welcome to the forum!!

• minimus
    minimus

.....but what if we do have plenty of time to do research???------See, you can't. It's impossible! With 5 meetings, preparing for them, going out in service, preparing for that, personal study, meditation, prayer, caring for "normal" daily activities------we should be thankful that the brothers are doing all this work for US.

• mustang
    mustang

"They always give the same answer when questioned about this..."Where else would we go?", "Who else has the truth?" "

Yes they do; these "old saws" are getting tiresome. If I encounter the "where to go" routine again, I shall have to consider 3 choice replies:

1) Do I have to go anywhere?

2) Why not "hedge your bets": go to more than one of the possibilities.

3) You can go to Hell; I'll pick either choice #1 or #2.

These people are just plain mentally lazy.

Mustang

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

I knew a sister who I considered very intelligent and creative. She is married to an elder who is the PO in the congregation. She is on anti-depressant medication and the last I heard, started taking stronger medication to deal with her emotional problems. She used to lament about being able to live a normal life but didn't know any other life beyond JWdom.

Her solace comes from her husband's position in the congregation. He is a perfect elder. He is brain-dead and the biggest fat cow idiot I have ever had to endure listening to. When he would conduct the watchtower, he would repeat people's answers as if they had said nothing at all. He would take their points and repeat them as his, and I'm sure he thought he was teaching. He would call on the younger ones to read the next subheading in the study, demonstrating his interest in everyone in the flock. How endearing. The rest of the elder body hated him because he would exploit opportunities to advance himself above the rest. As if he was the only one who recognized the needs of the flock. I enjoyed confronting him on all these issues and his response was, "That is my perception". How clever. I said, "Your fat! How many people are going to disagree with that perception?"

JW's are the happiest people in the world. They can proclaim this because they are brain-dead, non-thinkers who enjoy a mundane routine of spiritual pretense. I have no doubt that many in the org' have to take anti-depressant medication to continue their lifestyle. (Sign of the times) A bethel friend confirmed this for me.

• Sweet Sally
    Sweet Sally

has it entered anyones mind to really read what minimus wrote here? does anyone besides me see that the title is a tad misleading? the woman said she 'doesn't want to think ABOUT IT'. she didn't say she didn't want to think. suppose you are talking to a pregnant woman and bring up the subject of painful labour panes ,,,, she might rightly say' i don't want to think about it'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit