Stupid places to leave magazines & tracts

by Nosferatu 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I used to leave the in the airplane seat pockets when I would travel. That was like a ritual. I once worked at a correctional facility and I would bring them into the prison library for inmates to read. They were very desperate in general for any out to their situation. Streetwitnessing was a real joke, as I would see about fifty percent of literature dumped on the ground after it was placed.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Stupid places to leave magazines & tracts...

Any place that is more than 100 yards from a toxic waste dump site. That's it!

Farkel

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I took a boxload of really old mags to school once to leave in the library. It was embarrising when they announced from the platform that I had placed 60 magazines during the month and everyone clapped. Mind you, 60 magazines and about 2 hours service didnt really add up, but no one questioned it.

LOL!!! That is so funny! I love it!

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah the trash is the only place to put that crap lol. when my parents visit th ey always try to bring them to me and when the elders they sic ed on my ass come by they leave them in my door. i think about leaving t he mags on the landing and going inside thinking maybe they will get a clue.............. but what am i thinking................. there to brainwashed for common sense. so instead i let them hit the floor and kick them inside and then when i get time to the trashcan they go. i dont even look at them anymore. id leave them on the landing but............... someone might read them if i left th em there............. cant be having that sh*t. does anyone else feel bad for the wasted trees lol

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Anyplace, could be (in our now enlightened mindset) a stupid place.

In my Dumb daze, I left magazines: on the subway (here in Toronto), Commuter Train seats, Taco Bell seating booths, or mail them to (Not At Homes), to name a few.

I can't believe I ever did that stuff....but I did....what a waste of time and energy.

• talesin
    talesin
    does anyone else feel bad for the wasted trees lol

so true, prim

I actively look around for them when I'm sitting in waiting rooms so that more can go in the garbage ... sometimes people look at me strangely. If they only knew!

tal

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

when i was in the pioneer work, and it rained I would write letters and roll them up in a magizine and brown paper and when I was able to get into an apartment building I would leave them at the persons door. Sometimes I was caught and asked to leave and I did. I use to think it a waste of time as I knew noone would bother calling me.

when living in Montreal, my ex and I lived in the apt. above the hall and so the elders asked all in the Kingdom Hall to put our telephone on all the different tracks. I believe the entire city was blitzed with these tracks and only two persons called us during all the campagins. No interest. Just yelling and stop bothering people.

Magazines could be found all over the city, in hospitals. doctors offices, and in laundrys, and in garbage cans and just about everywhere.

I think it is an infringement on people to leave magazines in their buildings and doctors offices etc...

JWs hate intrusions of other peoples religous brouchures so they should be more considerate of others....and leave their mag. where people don't want them, like at their own homes....

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

anywhere they can be picked up and read by anyone.

and especially if they're being used as a "tip".

My bil and his Jw wife still does this.

cheapskates

• c5
    c5

Yup, we did all those funny places. The most out of ordinary was on benches at parks. Also, we used to go up to people relaxing in the park and bother them! No one ever was happy to be interrupted, most were kind of irritable.

Now, when I see mag's in the laundermat, I try to leave an anti-JW paper in them. I have thrown a lot. Betya the witnesses who come back regularly think that interested people have taken the mags, when in reality they went in the trash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit