Stupid places to leave magazines & tracts

by Nosferatu 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What were some of the stupidest places either you or another JW have left tracts or magazines, hoping someone will find it and want a bible study?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Leave them in place of toilet paper at highway rest stops.

Remove whatever toilet paper is present to motivate the potential convert to consider the Watchtower point of view.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I know people left them in the oddest places. One woman I know left the magazines in a local doctor's office. He came UNGLUED when he saw the magazines and wrote a long letter the Society. We were admonished "to get the doctor's permission" before leaving them. Other than the usual laundrymat or phone booth, I don't remember leaving them anywhere bizarre. I know some pioneers used to drive all over town and count time so they could get their time in by leaving magazines at various places. I look back at that and wonder "WHY DID I DO THIS STUPID STUFF?"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I recall a Pioneer who took me swimming at a public pool once. He left tracts in the holes in the chain link fence, under people's coolers, under people's towels, etc. After we were done, the place was practically littered with tracts from the wind blowing them around.

• yxl1
    yxl1

I took a boxload of really old mags to school once to leave in the library. It was embarrising when they announced from the platform that I had placed 60 magazines during the month and everyone clapped. Mind you, 60 magazines and about 2 hours service didnt really add up, but no one questioned it.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I was at an Arby's restaurant two weeks ago, and there were two mags laying on one of the tables. Either someone forgot them, or now they are being left at food joints.

• metatron
    metatron

Puppy training,

Wrapping fish,

starting a wood fire,

lining a birdcage,

making paper-mache

metatron

• shera
    shera

I was out in service with an older pioneer,she had many...many older magazines left.So we went to persons' cottages and stuck them in the doors,thing was,they were not going to get them until months later.She must of had a good service report that month,placing all those magazines.

• Piph
    Piph

I had a friend who tossed a magazine onto the seat of a parked convertible once. LOL

Another time, I was with another friend trying to get to this 2nd story apartment that was on top of a garage...we circled the garage several times and found no way of reaching the top, no doors (besides the garage doors of course), no doorbells, anything. But on the 2nd story balcony we could see their door open and they were probably inside enjoying a nice spring breeze. My friend rolled up the magazines with a rubberband and tossed it right up through their door. LOL Hopefully he didn't break anything!

Both times I was so embarrassed.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I've heard of JW's who left them in churches and public libraries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit