Stupid places to leave magazines & tracts

by Nosferatu 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I always left them in laundromats, and went into apartment complexes to their laundry rooms. I also left them at Jiffy Lube and Grease Monkey waiting rooms, with permission. Pioneers are desperate for placements, and to get rid of the backlog of magazines.

Now, whenever I find them anywhere, I ask if I can throw them away, because I find them offensive. They always say "yes".

When my father was in a rehab center last summer, I found them in the "family room". I showed them to the administrator, and motioned to the waste basket, and she said "yes, please...............thank you." I was delighted to do it.

• jws
    jws
    Now, whenever I find them anywhere, I ask if I can throw them away, because I find them offensive. They always say "yes".

You ask permission? I found some in a hospital waiting room once and confiscated them to toss out later. Before I did, a guy picked it up and started flipping through it. I stopped him and told him who it was from and he put it right down with disgust.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I always found those Big Blue Bins at the rear of stores, an excellant place. Hey the bums, used to like to sleep in them, so I figured, it wasn't going to "waste"

• Odrade
    Odrade

hey Nate, that leaving them in rest stop toilet paper thing was funny, but no joke. My mom used to do that.

She would go in all the stalls and put the "new world" tract on top of the toilet paper dispensers. She'd just stick them in the little crack where the dispensers are bolted to the wall. She used to say that people in rest stops are on vacation, so they should like reading about how nice all the vacation area are going to be after god gets done with them.

Odrade

• blondie
    blondie

I heard of a regular pioneer brother that would put tracts in his pocket when skiing. He would ride up on the chair as a single so that he would go up with a non-JW. On the way up, he would "witness" and leave them with a tract. That way, he could ski all day and count his time.

Blondie

I remember once doing street work with sisters that were handing a magazine to every passerby. I walked down a ways and saw a pile of magazines in the trash bin.

• mommy1
    mommy1

I was at the mall about five years ago and someone had put Awake magazines on the windshields of about half the cars in the parking lot.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i see them at used bookstores ALL the time!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

The Jws leave them all over the place here and every time I see one, with a smile on my face, I throw them in the trash.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Someone leaves them all over SJSU and I spend some time picking them up and replacing them in the garbage.

• Lutece
    Lutece

I can't believe I did this, but when I worked for the airlines (Northwest) a couple times I left older magazines in the magazine pockets on the aircraft when cleaning it in the morning.

To think I actually felt guilty when I threw magazines away. I felt so much better thinking someone might read one. DUH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit