How are things in bethel right now?

by Hellothere 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LongHairGal;

''No, I think these people were gotten rid of because of downsizing, pure and simple. The economy is atrocious, fewer contributions and restructuring are probably what contributed to it.''

Exactly.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

LongHairGal Yeah the big bethel lay off about ten years ago was all about downsizing and cutting of expenses. Less printing and such. Something about the food. You hade to serve your own food. They started to take in more volunteers that didn't live at bethel. Bethel buildings Shot down in Europe.Think they gonna be tightening the bethel budget even more in the future. I remember back in the 90s, an old timer told me to seek too bethel. I could stay there too new system. I'm glad I never listen too him.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

It’s just a question of WHO to get rid of!

First I qualified my commentary applying to the past.

Also , a lot of people leave on their own and new people are invited. I can tell you that downsizing is not the reason. It can used as be a pretext. Some people don’t work out in the long run, and other complex reasons and issues— nowdays. Doesn’t matter if they get old. WT is equipped for that for that.Sadly, people are asked to leave not for downsizing reasons but because of a problem with the person. May not even be aware of it but the right people that makes decisions know what is wrong.The volunteer work people do more than pays for the living expenses paid. Money is zero reason. It always has to do with the person, always the case. Of course the pretext is downsizing and other explanations not to get people offended or hurt for being singled out.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HELLOTHERE:

Be glad you never listened to that ‘old timer’ who suggested you try to go to bethel.

I’m sure other people went to bethel expecting to be there til the ‘new system’. However, it didn’t quite work out that way for some of them as we have seen in recent years!.. Whether they were let go because of downsizing (which the above poster does not believe happens there) OR there was some fault with them - they are still Out and have to make their way in the world.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I’m sure other people went to bethel expecting to be there til the ‘new system’.

And when the new system didn’t arrive when they expected, they leave. Most people cannot live that type of life. Many have different expectations about the place and about their work assignment, so bottom line they leave in time. And new people are given the chance to experience it so there is a turn around of new people. Of all people that come and go, some want to be lifers and stay but not everybody qualifies or is wanted of those who want to stay there for the rest of their lives.

Since people are moved around anyway to different work assignments, if a department closes down or shrinks like printing, people don't have to be sent home, they can give him job changes instead of bringing new people in. But when they assess individuals as to qualifications, the brothers up there decide who they want out. There are other complex reasons when you have a bunch of people living in the same institution. But if you believe the real reason is downsizing, you don’t know what you are talking about. You can use an opportunity like when a department closes to get rid of unwanted people to begin with and blame it on downsizing but if they want you, they give you a different assignment unless you are a doctor or a lawyer or have a special skills. They don’t send people home because the reason is cutting down on too many people. For example. They send 20 people home then later on they invite 30 people in but the ones that left are not invited back. The reason they send people home is always because something negative about the person. You can believe otherwise which is the same excuse used to get rid of unwanted individuals.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bethel’s like a prison. I mean, it’s got a watchtower and everything.

😄

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FISHERMAN:

So, you insist on believing there is ‘No downsizing’ at bethel and that word is an ‘excuse’ to spare people’s feelings..So, Therefore, ALL the people let go in the last decade or so had a ‘personal fault or negativity’ which led to them being kicked out.. It’s very loyal of you to keep defending the religion and denying that they couldn’t possibly 🙄 engage in the cruel worldly practice of downsizing. Nah, not them!

I’ve been out of the religion over 22 years. In that time I did run into ex-bethelites. They were younger and I don’t know if they left voluntarily or were asked to leave. One thing: they were reluctant to talk about their experience and I sensed it wasn’t all good.. So, surely some Do leave because either bethel wasn’t what they wanted Or they didn’t get along for whatever reason. As you said, people come and go there.

I don’t believe as you do and I’m still of the opinion they were mostly let go because of downsizing/restructuring/cost cutting. In the case of those older ones: if they had some personal fault or negative aspect, I imagine they would have been sent home ages ago. I can’t imagine bethel suffered the presence of anybody they didn’t like for decades.

I’m curious to know what other people on the forum have to say about this. I don’t see the sense of going back and forth on this with you. So, let’s hear it from other posters here!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    insist on believing

Ive explained what I know compared to what you believe. Believe whatever you like.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Problem i have with bethel people removed cause of ' complicated personality ' or 'can't work with others ' is.

1 they have removed bethel buildings in Europe. In Scandinavia printing presses were moved to Germany.

2 many have left org after they have seen GB members on vídeo. And they really seem too have ' complicated personality ' but are still in bethel 😁. Maeby it's all about contacts you have.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Probably the worst thing the Borg could have done was do this broadcasting with the GB. Thats what many said are waking them up. Seeing these 'clowns'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit