How are things in bethel right now?

by Hellothere 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Any news how things are at bethel just now? Been thinking, strange they have GB members giving speeches when they look so depressed. But maeby there is not many others too choose from. Maeby they all depressed right now in bethel.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS seems trying to get those who have been asked to leave Bethel,(not because of wrongdoing)l to view it this way March 2022 p.17 "Change is challenging for many of us. Some who served in a form of special full-time service for a long time have received a change of assignment. Others have had to relinquish a cherished privilege because of their age. It is normal to feel disappointed when such a change affects us. Initially, we may not fully understand the decision or agree with it. We may miss the way things used to be. And we may become discouraged, feeling that in our new circumstances, we are of little use to Jehovah." So basically, quite your crying, babies.

Do You See What Zechariah Saw?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

A PPIMI (kind of a family acquaintance) remarked that GB2.0 "are so concerned about the attendance--true attendance--of the flock, to the point that they are 'praying to Jehovah' regarding how to instruct them to maintain themselves in the faith/Organization and not stray away". She also remarked that "since COVID has and is really affecting people along with apostates who are angry at the Organization", notice this: "Jah is really protecting the GB so that this disease and those enemies will not be able to penetrate them!' The kicker she loudly announced that got me and some other PIMOs plus exdubs was this=> "As for the ones who don't want to be part of the Organization anymore, the GB is being provided with GUARDS, GUNS AND OTHER AMMOs TO SHOW THESE FOLKS THAT THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HARASS NOR GET TO BOTHER THEM AT ALL! WARWICK AIN'T LIKE THE HEIGHTS (Brooklyn, NY) WHERE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE THEM CAN GET TO THEM! HA!". 😲

That last statement really got to me, to a certain extent, in that this is the RHETORIC this cultporation is dispensing as info to its members. Yes, when GB1.0 (Sidlik, Schroeder, Swingle, etc.) were alive, Bethell was an okay-to-palatable place to visit. However, now it is a COMPOUND, where visitors have to be surveyed from the very first step to the guardpost of the entrance of the facility and throughout the WHOLE TIME of the visitations/ tours! This so-called leadership group has taken the FUN out of EVERYTHING they touch in LIFE, even within their own backyard! 🤷‍♀️🤬

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    we may not fully understand the decision or agree with it.

....I can explain it. They want the money they would have spent so that they can protect sexual predators and buy TOMO3rd posh booze..

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

"the GB is being provided with GUARDS, GUNS AND OTHER AMMOs TO SHOW THESE FOLKS THAT THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HARASS NOR GET TO BOTHER THEM AT ALL! WARWICK AIN'T LIKE THE HEIGHTS (Brooklyn, NY) WHERE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE THEM CAN GET TO THEM! HA!". 😲"

To bad the GB has no interest in protecting children from child abuse, in the organization, same way they protect themselves 😠

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDLESWIFE:

Wow, is it REALLY true that they have ‘guards with guns and other ammo’??

If this is really true (I’m not calling you a liar or anything but sometimes things are just speculation), it means they live in an armed fortress.

What about them criticizing other people with guns for self-defense, etc.?????

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

To Hellothere: Agreed! The GB only care about $$$$$ and their celebrity status/station in life. They really/in actuality want the WORSHIP that Almighty God is getting. Talk about COVETOUSNESS! Because they are indeed hateful towards children, women, pets and certain material possessions plus events/activities, they are in DEEP TROUBLE and will continue to be in DEEP TROUBLE for as long as they continue their 💩! ☝🏽👆

To LongHairGal: I have heard these same rumors from a number of exdubs for some time now. If this is true, this "FACT" adds to the HYPOCRISY of this cultporation. They would be using these heinous items for the protection of themselves and their own material possessions--instead of so-called RELYING ON J.G., whom they say is almighty/all power and can protect them from any type of harm. 🤨 They are CHARLATANS for damn sure! 🤬

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    those who have been asked to leave Bethel,(not because of wrongdoing)l

There is a reason why they don’t want you. Some people stay forever but some are asked to leave. The reason may not involve “ unchristian conduct “ but it is always because of something negative about the person. Like with any job, you need to be needed somehow and you need to be tied with heavies and you need to get along with others and you need to measure up. But most important of all, you are always in danger of getting kicked out unless you are friends with those that have the power to override those that want you out. Describing how it was in the past. Nowdays, if they need you and more complex. Also, mostly, anyone easily replaced.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FISHERMAN:

While I agree that what you say may be the case on a secular job, I doubt this is what has been happening at the bethels. Maybe here and there it could be about somebody’s ‘negative’ attitude..But not this.

No, I think these people were gotten rid of because of downsizing, pure and simple. The economy is atrocious, fewer contributions and restructuring are probably what contributed to it.

While I don’t like the religion and don’t care for people who helped to publish literature that knocked careers, it is certainly terrible to have to start over and function in the ‘world’ in late middle age!!! A young guy might be on his feet in a few years. Somebody who is 55+ will have a hard time.

Ironically, If they worked for secular employers (that they knocked), they’d at least have gotten a payout plus they would have paid into Social Security. But, No, they are just joining the rest of the ‘needy’ people in the congregations looking for handouts. Glad I’m not around this!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FISHERMAN:

…Further to what I said: if the ‘negative’ you were talking about refers to somebody’s advanced age or some other factor they can’t help - this is still about downsizing and getting rid of people, in my opinion.

It’s just a question of WHO to get rid of!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit