2016-1-12-BOE--Mentioning Donation Arrangement to Householder!

by Atlantis 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alanv
    alanv
    So looks like the rules for donating are different, depending on what part of the world you live in.
  • Landy
    Landy
    I was at my mother's last week and saw a copy of the WT on the bench. Having not seen one for probably 8-10 years I was pretty shocked at how thin it was. It was more like one of the brochures than a magazine.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    So in Britain and Ireland they are not going to ask for donations only if the householder inquires about funding. Does it have to do with the Charity Commission situation?
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    A donation in exchange for what? Just a few short years ago, the publisher would have handed over 64 pages of magazine (Watchtower & Awake at 32 pages each) and now, if the witness leaves anything at all (in light of the BOE letter "Making Wise Use of the Magazines"), it's a single, 16 page magazine. What would this motivate the householder to donate--a buck or two?
  • Magnum
    Magnum

first paragraph of letter:

We have received many positive comments regarding the new meeting arrangements and the fine provision of Our Christian Live and Ministry - Meeting Workbook released at the Annual Meeting. It is clear to see that Jehovah is directing his earthly organization to our benefit.

They write "we have received many positive comments" in an effort to make a point, but it makes no point. How many is "many" - seventeen? How many positive comments have they received compared to the total number of JWs? For all we know, they received more negative comments than they did positive ones, but could technically still say they received many positive ones. I know how the org propaganda machine works. They could have received 11,632 negative comments and 287 positive ones, and would still slay "we have received many positive comments." (and, technically, they would be correct)

It is clear to see that Jehovah is directing his earthly organization to our benefit.

That statement is beyond ridiculous. Are they actually saying that the "provision of Our Christian Live and Ministry - Meeting Workbook" makes it clear to see that Jah is directing them? Are they serious? Do they really believe that? Are newly interested ones to see the workbook and exclaim "Oh, at last, we've found the people of God. This workbook does it for me. It is clear that the Creator is directing these people."?

If the provision of the workbook makes it clear that Jah is directing the org, then what is made clear by the declines, layoffs, halts, lawsuits, dumbing down, preaching ineffectiveness, deceptions, failed predictions, crazy history, boring meetings, embarrassing videos and broadcasts, Steve Lett, etc.? Oh, I see, forget all that; they have the CLAM workbook now! That makes it clear that Jah is directing them!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''So looks like the rules for donating are different, depending on what part of the world you live in''

It seems like restructuring of the donating arrangement to skirt around tax laws of certain countries/domains.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    They can't do door to door begging for money in Britain. That would be doubleplus bad mojo from all sorts of things. Like needing to sign up to a code of conduct, being held accountable as an organisation for when it goes wrong, all those little things which would make Brooklyn sad.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Maybe they cant in Britain. Which would put the Borg in a very precarious position.
  • USofWhatever
    USofWhatever
    In most of Europe, you are unable to solicit funds in this way. I remember when the the donation arrangement was bought in to ireland, we were specifically told not to mention that donations were accepted until asked by the householder
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**we were specifically told not to mention that donations were accepted until asked by the householder**

I can remember vividly out in FS back in the late 1990s. A household asked me and another brother on her doorstep,***how is your work supported worldwide**. I replied **we accept donations**.

The ultra elder I was working with responded vehemently **NO WE DONT!!!!!**

WOW,HEY!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit