Please tell me: what is a relationship with the "person" Jehovah like?

by Maryo 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maryo
    Maryo

thank you for your detailed description, Muddy Waters!

• Maryo
    Maryo

JWs and others misunderstand the poetic, literary language and literary devices in the bible as being literal, such as that there is a literal throne of Jehovah. Even as a teenager in the mid-1960s somehow my inner brow furled when it was said that 1000 years being like a day in the eyes of Jehovah was a literal 1000 years – and used for their last days calculations. years later, when I took some literature classes in college, I learned about these uses of language in literature. perhaps Pastor Russell should have gone to theological seminary! I believe I read that now Jehovah's Witnesses have said that the 1000 years in this case is not literal.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Usually speaking with imaginary people results in people requiring psychological treatment in a facility....

• freddo
    freddo

One way.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A one-way conversation is not healthy.

If we spoke with a "friend" who never spoke back, we would call that an unbalanced relationship....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I prefer my imaginary friends to be funny.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Isn't is like having a mass murder as your 'best friend"?

just asking!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Joke-hova is a cruel tyrant, and demands way more than you are capable of doing. You will do it for no reward, and end up being a slave to that thing. And it will harvest your energy to plunder other worlds, ultimately ending with the binding and destruction of all happiness and freedom through the whole universe. Is that what you want? If so, then by all means try building a relationship with that monster.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

When i was a kid, i remember Jehovah being so real to me. I would pray to him in my head many many times in the day, it was like he was my best friend watching over only me. Unfortunately, this was nothing more than a child with an imaginary friend. Only mine was called Jehovah, he lived in the sky, he had a big white beard and only cared about me (first and foremost), then other JWs.

If you want to know how it feels to have a "personal relationship with Jehovah" all you have to do is imagine there's an invisible person floating over you. Talk to it all the time and give it credit when things go well and blame something else when things go wrong.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jimmy Stewart had an invisible friend called "Harvey" I think he was more real than God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit