Please tell me: what is a relationship with the "person" Jehovah like?

by Maryo 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Given all that has been stated regarding us "other sheep," what, then, of that very special connection the anointed have with both Jesus and Jehovah?

The unquestionable reassurance of a personal relationship with God was the touchstone of our faith. Was our house of faith actually built upon sand? Was all we held dear simply a well-developed and fleshed-out figment of our collective imaginations?

Speaking of the anointed, a dear old anointed sister told me over 50 years ago that she and her likewise "anointed" husband were the only residents in town not affected by mass hallucination. The citizenry witnessed the arrival of aliens; she and her husband, however, did not.

Jehovah, apparently, spared them from witnessing what had to have been a demonic manifestation. It all makes sense to me now.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Empirical evidence; proof. The superlative experience any human can have and very personal. Without the vision, but same as Isaiah felt when he saw a vision of God sitting on his throne. The fulfillment of "They will have to know that I am Jehovah." You don't need anything more out of life, you found it. You are convinced for life; you know what you know. Same operation of God's Holy Spirit as recorded in the Bible. You don't need any more evidence, not manna coming down from heaven, not an angel nor the sea opening up. All that is missing is justice, vengeance, vindication and RELIEF.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

To be very honest: the way it seemed to me was like I was supposed to be paranoid about every move I made and every thought I had in order not to displease my Heavenly Father in the sky.

• Steel
    Steel

I really don't understand the theological basis of how it's is possible to have a relationship with God while believing you don't enter into the new convanent. It's Kind Of the point of the new testament.

Take For example the idea your child gets hit by a drunk driver and is bleeding to death, your relationship with jehovah tells you to not do everything possible to save your child's life. I call bullshit.

I believe there is something but I don't think your faith should violate your conscience.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If lies and human ignorance makes up what is a god, then having a close relationship with a god is to have close relationship to the circumvented lies and human ignorance which made up a god.

It also worthy to note that many men acquired their own semblance of power by adhering to a expressed envision of a god. ie. the leaders of the JWS

• tepidpoultry
  • fukitol
    fukitol

It's exactly like saying that you have a personal relationship with Zeus or Osiris or any other ancient, mythical god just because you pray to it. Madness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit