ARC Case Study 54 - Witness List published for 10 March 2017

by jwleaks 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

@jw leaks post facts not colors.

I did not say members of the Corporation.

As for case law read Richard Oliver post on WT and fiduciary relationship with any of its members. (members of the religion) He also posted an illustration on how it applies and so did I using members of Costo. I did not say that Costo members were corporate members. Read it and then I am sure you will understand what I mean. (vicarious liability and wt: acts of agent same as act of principal.

Have a cup of tea mate.

As for context on this thread re-read my post again as it relates to the post that I was responding to.

The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization[1] headquartered in Warwick, New York. It is the main legal entity used worldwide by Jehovah's Witnesses to direct, administer and develop doctrines for the religion and is often referred to by members of the religion simply as "the Society". It is the parent organization of a number of Watch Tower subsidiaries, including the Watchtower Society of New York and International Bible Students Association.[2][3] The number of voting shareholders of the corporation is limited to between 300 and 500 "mature, active and faithful" male Jehovah's Witnesses.[4] About 5800 Jehovah's Witnesses provide voluntary unpaid labour, as members of a religious order, in three large Watch Tower Society faciliti
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Yes Data-Dog how dare in a legal proceeding legal details come into play

Of course legal details and minutiae are important however the WTS gets in this to obsfucate, distract and elongate the legal argument. They argue one way and the opposite way to suits their purpose. It's not progressive, it's obstructive.

Years ago the WTS was pushing for freedoms that we take for granted. Now they are doing everything they can to justify iron age laws in the modern world.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

@jwleaks. The point Richard Oliver is making is 3rd party liability as it relates to Watchtower. For example, if an agency relationship existed between someone and Wachtower, Wt is vicariously liable for the actions of the agent towards a 3rd party. Fiduciary duty and vicarous liability is explained below.

http://www.giottoslibrary.com/giotto/ebooks/fiddut3.nsf/fCNTPgRMRead3?OpenForm&Cat1=LA4&Cat2=LB6

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Of course legal details and minutiae are important.

Of course? What do you think legal proccedings against wt in the US are about?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!

Oh, Fishy and...the other one.. You're so sad. You can't see with your heart that all this "legal minutiae", that you are so fond of defending, is only necessary because of legalism; the teachings of the Christ are completely contrary to legalism, but you just don't get it.

Your research into the "deeper things" of the legal realm, in order to defend the WTBTS, have blinded you to the real issues. One glaring fact is that the entire ARC proceedings would be totally unnecessary were it not for rampant legalism in so-called Xianity.

Both of you are prime examples of blind followers, being strung along by blind guides. If there really is such a thing as "the spirit of truth", you have kicked it to the curb, just like the GB.

I feel very, very, sorry for both of you, but I feel more sympathy for innocent children. In contrast, both of you seem utterly callous when it comes to the lives of children, ones that your Christ was particularly fond of. What a deplorable attitude.

I've read paragraph, after legalistic paragraph, of your comments. 😔

Both of you should think about this: If your God is real, what does think about your comments? How do you know that YOU aren't failing to discern your time of inspection? Maybe it's too late for all organized religions, but not for you?

DD

• Giordano
    Giordano

I think it's evident, from just this one issue, Child Sexual Abuse, that based on scripture, particularly the New Testament, that a God's blessing would not be on any churches including the JW's that cover up the abuse of children.

Covering up the abuse of children with legalism, indifference, by manipulating the legal system re reporting.............. has removed any possibility that the JW's have any part of the truth.

What they have is a corporate truth that guards their real estate, bank accounts and stock holdings. Their followers can simply go to hell when it comes to protecting the WTBT$.

So this chatter about legalism is a deflection from everything that is morally corrupt within the Society and their GB stooges.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Fisherman, please fuck off, go die in a fire, whatever it takes, but stop trying to dominate every conversation with your twisted fucking garbled nonsense. You're a disgusting shill for a disgusting cult. Is that enough color for you?

This is serious business involving the ruination of people's lives, whether from child sexual abuse or simply your disgusting cult. GTFO.

Please just ghost the bastard everyone. Like his cult would do to you.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Somehow other churches, "false religion" as JWs would call them, have managed to be so much more cooperative. Jehovah's Witnesses do little more than release a letter saying that victims don't have to face accusers. They're trying to get away with the bare minimum.

I don't know who the last guy was that questioned the Watchtower tools, but I loved his point. Are they going to wait until absolutely necessary to offer redress? He was looking for human compassion or empathy out of their robots, which is hard to find there or from their apologists here. They don't care about anything but legalities as a very legalistic organization, lacking basic humanity.

Did anyone else notice the accidental cutaway to Angus laughing at them? I loved that.

Those two guys that they put up were a train wreck, but it's hard to find good, well rounded people there. Mostly mindless, heartless automatons. I got so sick of the fake respect given to the court with "if I may", "with all due respect" , etc., over and over and over, all the while showing a complete lack of respect by not actually acting, waiting until the last minute to even look at things, trying to weasel out of redress, etc.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Covering up the abuse of children....,

What do you mean by "covering up the abuse of children"?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    dubstepped: Did anyone else notice the accidental cutaway to Angus laughing at them? I loved that.

I missed that...oh, please, when did that happen? What was being discussed?

I might have to watch the whole thing again just to see that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit