I appreciate "our" free speech.

by The Rebel 44 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Simon, a helpful comparison between Islam and Muslims on the one hand and JW organization and JWs on the other.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What gets me is the "that's not my experience" aka the "I ve never seen that" argument. A close relative of the "I know nice such and such people" argument but just as irrelevant.

As has already been said, assessments of ideologies are not dependent upon such things as "niceness" or politeness or limited personal experience or whether the uniforms are cool (hyperbole with that last one).

Does it matter that JW parents were "sooo nice" about it as they allowed their child to die when blood transfusion would have saved them? Does it matter if the mafia goon that executes you is such a gentlemen? Does it matter if the kkk have great bbqs and picnics? None of those things have anything to do the ideologies of the group, in fact many of those groups use "nice" acts to recruit, effectively honey-trap people into coming on board with their evil ideologies or lulled into tolerating abhorrent teachings.

The niceness factor is a distraction trap from the real issues.

Now, can you all stop violating me with your differing opinions.

• steve2
    steve2

What sparrowdown has said.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Now that it has been accurately and reliably determined that Radical Islam is in fact a creation of the Intelligence Services of the United States, the United Kingdom and Israel in order to unleash terrorism for foreign policy interests, is the discussion altered in any way?

We seem to be presently living in a World of Cults arranged somewhat like the layers of an onion.

The New World Order is one gigantic Cult.

The United States Government is a Cult.

The Educational System is a Cult.

The Health Care System is a Cult.

Religions are Cults.

etc, etc, etc...

Some families are Cults.

Is it really any wonder why we're all so screwed up?

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

hothabanero People like you are part of the problem. There was no reason to be so rude to Spoletta. She had an excellent point, and you know it.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Nevuela: I'm sorry, but I don't see how he was rude.

Just because you say he was rude, does not make it true.

The point is this: if it's okay to be anti-cult, anti-JW, then it's okay to be anti-Islam.

Stop defending this misogynist, homophobic cult.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I have noted this "O.P" is slowly loosing the friendly smile in which i origionaly intended it.

• just fine
    just fine

Why does not agreeing = being rude? Since leaving the Watchtower cult, I don't like being around people that all believe the same things. It inhibits growth and reflection. It allows you to become stagnate in your beliefs. In my opinion, it is better to be around people who challenge your beliefs. It makes me consider and evaluate my current beliefs. As JWs we never had that option, and I am thankful for that freedom, and the freedom to change my beliefs as new information comes along.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Just fine " why does not agreeing = being rude?

My answer to that, sometimes we find somebody, and it's wonderful when we can feel their cheeks next to us, smell their mouth...and we want to be completely surrounded by that person. And my point is, when we are with such a person, we don't nick- pick, on silly things....they are beautiful as they are.

I think we should treat all people with that respect, and when we do so not agreeing, is not rude.

• Simon
    Simon

You may be confusing free speech, the right to voice a reasoned opinion on a topic, with being able to post gibberish and nonsense, complain about other people's views or even people "disliking" your posts which they have every right to do when you post crap.

Do not assume that you can do this indefinitely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit