Do They Still do Door-to-Door as Much as Before?

by cofty 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freddo
    freddo

JUST KEEPING THE ZOMBIE WALKING

• undercover
    undercover

They came by my house a couple of weeks ago. Regular door to door work. They had stopped by about 6 months ago as well... found a tract folded up, jammed in the screen door.

I haven't see too many carts around town where I live. It seems they wait until there's a large event and set up where throngs of people are sure to walk by (ignoring them).

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I do as little as possible. Just keeping up appearances now and again to keep the good lady of my back 😋

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The Metropolitan Witnessing arrangement, which is basically the same cart work as everyone else but with a fancy badge so only the select few can take part is slightly different in that this work takes place for far longer, all day into the evening typically, but because it's essentially limited to pioneers then it's OK to conflict with congregation FS events.

I don't think the old pioneers I knew as a youngster would have tolerated this cart work - standing around for hours on end with nery a soul to talk to - I like to think they were committed, true believing preachers of the good news.

I get a doorknock about once a year or two.....hubby answers the door and hustles them away before there's a scene LoL!!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Where have all the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons Gone

Herald Sun newspaper

Victoria, AUSTRALIA

21 April 2017

"Where have all the Jehovahs Witnesses gone. They used to knock at our door every other weekend, then they stopped that and set up a stall in the carpark at the supermarket . . ."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/where-have-all-the-jehovahs-witness-and-mormons-gone/news-story/35adc0d46c1b3c1d7cafca6d69dbb900

--------

You know the door-to-door preaching of JWs is in decline when even the media and public notice it. Add to that the JWs are drastically reducing their Watchtower and Awake! magazine printing, conventions, meetings, books, branch offices, headquarters staff, printeries, assembly halls, kingdom halls, etc.

Ftn. The newspaper article mentions a Bunnings store. This is a hardware retail outlet identical to Home Depot.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

With the reduction of printing WTs and Awakes what will they offer at the doors?

With a smile and a Ipad turned on.

Really though it seems to me in my neck of the woods that JWS rather stand by street carts close to a coffee shop.

• jws
    jws

It's been a few years now, although once in a while, I get a Memorial pamphlet.

Maybe I'm blacklisted because, though they don't know I'm a JW (unless my dad somehow got them to note me on the territory card), they haven't been by for a while. I like to pretend I was never a JW and mess with them though.

Last time was probably about 4 years ago. Once upon a Saturday morning, while I pondered, bright and cheery, over many a popular web site. While I sat there, not close to napping, suddenly there came a tapping, as if someone gently rapping, rapping at my front porch door. "Tis the Witnesses" I muttered, "tapping at my front porch door - Only this and nothing more".

And I do mean gently rapping. There is a doorbell. But I heard them and went to the door to find two women. Who I raised many questions to. Including that I barely heard them. If they want to reach people, why knock so gently? Why not ring the doorbell? She told me they didn't want to wake anybody. This was probably 10-am ish. Even if I was out until 2am bar close, it wasn't an unreasonable time of the morning. The reason was clear to me as an ex-JW. She didn't WANT anybody to answer and be home. She wanted to knock, have nobody home, leave a tract, and leave. As it was, she wound up sending some elder to talk to me about my questions.

So much for the from house-to-house, from door-to-door. These people didn't want to be there selling their message. They wanted to count their hours, but do as little work as possible and let the literature do their talking.

• Listener
    Listener

Pal Emporer - Pathetic indeed. Imagine owning a business and your staff doing that.

The Watchtower knows full well that this goes on but are still prepared to publish hours, even though they are falsified.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit