New World Translation is not much different other translations

by Abraham1 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I wasn't going to comment then I saw this nonsense: Jesus’ opening verse on the Sermon on the Mount was: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” (matthew/5-3) Greek Test doesn’t allow it to be put it differently

Then blame other translations like the NT in modern English that render it that way. The nwt was not alone

• TD
    TD

Well he kinda, sorta has a point. A translation that bills itself as literal shouldn't be attempting to interpret idioms. That's what free translations are for

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Abe1- do you believe in the Bible?

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Doubting Thomas,

I believe "All inspired Scriptures."

See the difference in Translations:

Serious Translations of the Bible say ""All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice." (2 Timothy, 3 - verse 16) (2 Timothy 3:16)

Many other Translations put it: “all Scriptures are inspired.”

The latter doesn't do justice to the Greek Interlinear.

It is like saying "All humans are righteous and trustworthy." And

"All righteous humans are trustworthy."

Most of the writings of Paul are in flat contradiction to what Jesus taught, hence it is his own.

For example,
    Jesus had God’s view with regard to women as equal to men. (Genesis 5:1) He chose to reveal the most important spiritual truths to a woman who was from a “low” caste community called Samaritans. (John 4) He declared that projection of woman as inferior was the result of “hardheartedness” of some ancient men, which obviously has nothing to do with Scriptures. (Mathew 19:4-8) He praised woman as having keener insight into future and spirituality than men (Mathew 26:10-13 Contrast John 6:60) and appointed woman to impart vital spiritual truth to men. (John 20:16-18)

In contrast, Paul’s view of woman (as a creature to be silent and a machine for pregnancy) fits with the need of Church dominated by male superiority. (1 Corinthians 14:34) Hence Church wanted a person like Paul to sound its doctrines to be inspired, as coming via Paul, from Jesus.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Wow! A real live THINKING person- on a site like this!

I believe there is another side to this- for I too, think women are smarter than men...but they react to a situation by EMOTION rather than by reason, and are CONTOLLED by emotion, most of the time!

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Woman is not my subject. I was only answering to your question whether I believe in Bible or not, and I answered.

In connection with how Paul contradicted Jesus, I pointed one example. If you don't like this, you can take another example such as grace Paul highlighted in contrast to works Jesus highlighted.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

"In connection with how Paul contradicted Jesus"... were any women among the 12 Apostles?

• Abraham1
    Abraham1
    I already told you--subject of woman was just one example out of many contradictions. Hence you should not have brought it again as I told you "if you don't like this one , take other examples of contradictions such as "works vs grace."
    Since you brought it, I will point out your misunderstanding about it.

Luke 6:13 says “And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles.” The word used for apostle is ἀποστόλους (apostolous) which only meansdelegate.” It was mistakenly thought to be a position of authority by others which is not the fault of Jesus. Jesus meant them to excel in unselfish service with no expectation. (Luke 22:24-26)

Interestingly, apostles were all married and they were all accompanying them in ministry. (1 Corinthians 9:5) Luke 10:1 says: “After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.” When this is read with 1 Corinthians 9:5 it would mean Jesus sent them as couple, husband and wife, as equal partners, as God originally meant them to be. (Genesis 5:1; Mathew 19:4-6)

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

" take other examples of contradictions such as "works vs grace" "

What contradictions, Abe1?

James 2: 18- But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

• jhine
    jhine

Can l.put my two penny worth in here with Eph 2: vs8-20 .

" For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the Gift of God - NOT by works , so that no one can boast. For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to DO good works , which God prepared in advance for us to do ".

NIV caps mine . We are saved by faith .

Also l totally agree about all the " others" added to the NWT to completely change the meaning . Simply to back up their non Trinitarian teaching.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit