The real reason Chelmsford hasn't been stopped

by Saltheart Foamfollower 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Former brother There is a misconception that JWs dont like education or further education. This is simply not true.
    The truth is JWs are very much pro education, they just think nowadays university is a waste of 4 or so years, its a missalocation of time.

Have you actually watched these jw broadcast. Cedars latest review (31) featured songs, diatribes and re-creations all encouraging "yung wunz" to avoid college and Pioneer. Even cong letters warn people not to go to college to learn a skill useful to Bethel.

If you think they want kids to avoid 4 years at uni only because its a 'waste of time' youre kidding yourself - they have always criticized higher education because they don't want anyone learning critical thinking, the ability to think for oneself and spot the logical fallacies the org employs again and again in their propaganda.

It's never been about 'time' or 'association'. Both of which arguments, by the way, are equally fallacious. Now more than ever a good education is essential and better lifetime friends are made at college/uni than the conditional jw 'friends' who are taught to 'mark' and shun for wearing the wrong trousers.

• darkspilver
  • Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Yes wrong thread this one is about the London relocation.

But it is reavant, because so many young ones go to work for the building part of the organisation and learn new skills.

Even people in the world now are saying that further education is a waste of time and money, looks like the borg were correct about that one

• St George of England
    St George of England

Even people in the world now are saying that further education is a waste of time and money, looks like the borg were correct about that one

Total twaddle! There are plenty of jobs that don't need qualifications, window cleaning, janitorial, labouring etc etc.

However, my doctor went to Uni for 7 years, my dentist went to Uni for 4, my optician for 3. I don't want any unqualified knowall without the relevant qualifications poking around me. Nursing is now an all graduate profession. Or do the GB "train up" Bethelites to look after them? I doubt it. I drive a car designed by Graduate Engineers, fuelled on petrol developed by Graduate Chemists, the list goes on.

Formerbrother, see how long you can exist without input from a graduate!

The only thing the borg have ever got right is that "Religion is a snare and a racket!"

George

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

So now every congregation can have a day at the site,

everybody can fll in the form and actually go there to work.

I wonder if anybody can find out about the secret bunker system under the site?

Anybody can go and take a tour, but you wont get to see any secret things, but I wonder if anybody here can fill in the form and actualy go there to work, then try to find out some juicy details..................

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

I wanted to go, but you have to fill out a form and get the elders to give you a score on many points.

I dont think i will pass as of late Ive been a bit naughty ;)

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

I have chatted with the elders and they believe im repentant for my 'sins'

I have filled out a form and hope i will be going to chelsmford in 2019 :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit