some unimportant random thoughts & reflections

by DanTheMan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

<rotfl@ 6>hehe

Dan "yet I know that I could quit posting tomorrow and very few would notice I was gone." NOT TRUE.

I'm so glad to hear you are going to a counselor. Bravo, how brave of you to examine yourself and move on.

I'm so glad you came to our place, it was a great time. And I know you had one admiring young lady at your side!!! hehe

love yourself and know you are loved.

jf2bf

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Smack:

sheesh Dan YOu is a jedi.

One day I'll get there too

Me too....I'd love to be a Jedi!!!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Dan: I CARE and I would like you to stay here, even if you cut back a bit. All your posts are thoughtful, and we can really use your take on things. Listening to you has helped to make having to go to meetings yet more bearable. Good luck with school!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Dan: I also share the feeling that even though I am separating from the WT, after being baptized for some thirty years, that I am weird, have something wrong with me, can't handle things like the "normal" person. I have realized that lots of people feel this way, and that it is probably normal to some extent. I also think that I have an unrealistic expectation of the way things should be, courtesy of the fantasyland approach of the WT. Still, I do know that when I focus on working on myself, including therapy when I need it, I feel much better. And occasionally, I see how great this life really can be, knowing that I can enjoy it without guilt and don't have to "just wait for the new system." Life can be unbelievably great at times too!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Dan, I'm glad that I got to meet you and enjoy your company. You are alot more together than you think. If you ever need someone to talk to let me know and I'll give you a shout on the phone okay? I saved your phone number.

Take care sweetie! Your posts do make a differance!

~Aztec

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Dan...dude, I enjoy your posts.

Sometimes, I don't get to say those sort of things enough, as I've been busy on here as of late.

Your post, believe it or not, is a welcome respite from what I have to deal with lately.

1800, 18 or 180: you make this place, better.

Besides, we need some more Ohio representation here.

One of these days, I will get down your way, and trust me: you'd be one of the people I'd definitely wish to meet.

There ya go...a big boost...hey we need them sometimes. That's what we're here for, and hopefully we can call you task when the moment arises for others on here.

Take care Dan....good to have you here, you do make a difference.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

How's Dan?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Dan, by the opening tone of this post, I thought you were going to say you spray painted a Hummer in N.A. ....

Don't be a stranger.....your posts are always great to read.

Tina

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Once again, thanks for all of your kind responses. Believe me, I appreciate all of your guys input on this forum too.

I'll never forget when I first came on to this forum and I discovered that, contrary to what I had imagined, ex-JW's weren't a bunch of rabid born-again Christians or something. It was such a relief. But then per usual I start getting all worried about what people here think about me and the paranoia sets in. Ugh, it ain't always fun being me let me tell ya!

Take care all.

• freein89
    freein89

Hey Dantheman, I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel completely snubbed here. But I think I count anyway and so do you. When I post it gets buried 3 pages back in about 5 minutes, but I post anyway because I just want to and I have learned not to worry too much about what people think. Sometimes I wonder if I piss people off and then I think, No you would have to be noticed first to be able to piss anyone off. Lately I am wondering if I belong here anymore. I dunno, maybe its just my mood, I have had a lot of really stressful stuff going on lately and here I am hogging your post with my own unimportant random thoughts & reflections.

You should have called it IMPORTANT random thoughts and reflections anyway, because what you think and feel IS important. So there!

Deb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit