This is an absolute classic

by joe134cd 21 Replies latest social humour

• steve2
    steve2

I follow the reasoning and to some extent sympathise: Because the organization has acted appallingly in its treatment of individuals, it’s okay to engage in “pay back” by making JW spokespeople look stupid by presenting them with a fake scenario. Nicer one - does that make it all even now - or what else do people have in mind for further paybacks?

And it’s very interesting the caller had to use a fake example. Why was this necessary if there are actual examples of being kicked out of the family home because Mom or Dad have bequeathed the property to JW.org? Answer: Because that fake scenario has never happened.

This trivialises the genuine suffering of so many caught up in the organization.

BTW, responsibility for signing over one’s possessions and/or property lies with the individual - after all it is his or her will. And while we’re on the topic, most if not all religions have organised ways to handle bequeathed possessions and properties. Those who swoon with surprise over JW organization having its own department for handling these sorts of arrangements reveal their own remarkable naïveté.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Those who swoon with surprise over JW organization having its own department for handling these sorts of arrangements reveal their own remarkable naïveté.

Very naive to think anyone is swooning over this however I'd have thought that the Legal Dept. would have handled the intake of donated properties but obviously there's enough of it going on to justify having an entire separate department dedicated to this. I'm a former Bethelite myself and my Sister in Law works in the Legal Department and this is news to me.

(Now...where are my smelling salts??)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit