I willl not be here in 2030

by Phaedra 24 Replies latest members private

• Landy
    Landy

I think it's a very valid point. For people who don't want to be in an organisation, most who post here seem consumed with it - more so than most JWs.

And some of the essays you guys write - Jesus wept!

I can see how coming here during the initial doubt process and then the fade could be cathartic but it's obvious that some need to just forget about the WTS, lose the bitterness, stop being a victim, smell the coffee and get on with life.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Phaedra, your anguish & "captive" situation is felt by many of us here - largely due to our having loved ones "still in."

It's helluva decision to make - stay "connected", or sacrifice our family members on the "Brooklyn altar".

Each of us make that decision and live with the consequences. I could totally walk away from everything J.W.-related today, but my choice is to appear "connected" for the sake of my wife's family.

Make your own rules for this game, and don't compromise on them. You'll win!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I feel your pain completely:(
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I have a JW wife and mother and JW in-laws. I can't promise to put all things JW and ex-JW behind me in a set time like 14 years, but I fully get what you want. I would hope to put it all behind me one day. I wouldn't totally avoid "all things" because I have made great friendships here. But yeah.
  • life is to short
    life is to short

Totally get what you are saying. I too would love to just leave it all behind but everyday somethings seems to tiger the past. While I was in I always thought something was wrong with me because I just did not seem to get the same enjoyment from the meetings, field service, especially field service, I always felt like I was praying to an invisible person that was made up in my mind. I never felt this close friendship with God. I tried and tried and tried to.

The thing about coming here is I know I was not crazy that many felt like I do, and it's such a relief to know that my thinking was not skewed like I had been told forever.

Also I am like on the way out where my husband is still in and so I have ties to the religion whether I like it or not so coming here just helps my peace of mind.

I am so very thankful to Simon for all of his hard work in keeping this going. It has been a life line to me.

LITS

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I know. I know what you all are saying. Fading is tough,tough work. Patience and planning. Takes years to do accomplish.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is my goal to live to 96. If I accomplish this goal, I will not be posting after 2053. Consider this an official announcement.

Although, I may want to hang around longer to find out the latest derivation of the generation that started in 1914.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Ummmm.dont go....n stuff😢
  • prologos
    prologos
    If I live 3 years longer than my father, grandmother I will make it. 2034 would be better though , just to scuttle one more of wt numerology anniversary antitype hype. Even then I will not finish my work.
  • steve2
    steve2

In telling it like it "is" according to his own view, Landy delivers an unerring piece of judgementalism that brookes no shades of grey. Does he include in his sweepings those ex-JWs who have been emotionally, physically (as by parents) and sexually abused?

"Get your carthasis and please move on", he instructs all and sundry.

Wow - no allowance for individuality and the enormous differences in situations even in the same household! Hurt by the organization? Have a bit of a moan if you must. But prey don't over-do it.

Your time for playing the victim has expired. Move on.

Thank you Landy. You don't need to have been in the organization to herald such a black and white declaration of intolerance of human suffering. But it probably helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit