How Do You Know You Are In The Wrong Religion?

by Vanderhoven7 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

We visited my parents yesterday. Dad's never been involved but Mum is JW to her core. Baptised around '71 or '72 and never wavered.

Her friends in the only congregation she's ever been a part of are now very elderly, some are in care homes or no longer with us. The congregation has been her support network, social club and extended family for half a century.

I'm as apostate/atheist as it gets but I wouldn't dream of taking this away from her now, how cruel would that be?

Even I would now say that this is the right religion for her.

I'd challenge any Christian here who argues that JW's don't have the truth to take up the debate with me about your own beliefs. It's easy to poke fun at the faith of folks like my Mum when you know they'll never be here to defend themselves.

Pick on me instead - if you dare.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Beth Sarim "And rotten all the way up. That's why they adhere to the 2 witness rule like they do."

I seem to take issue with much of what you write.

The two witness rule was given by God because it is needed.

9th commandment in Ex 20:16 "“You must not testify falsely when you are a witness against your fellow man."

Why was that put in there? Because Jehovah trusts people?

It was a problem back then when they didn't have a formal court system and rules of evidence. Jehovah gave them rules of evidence because he knew humans couldn't be trusted.

Has that changed in 4000 years? Are humans more trustworthy now to where we don't need such rules?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Blondie, you met Ray Franz, that’s awesome! I never met Ray, but I did meet Peter Gregerson, wonderful man!

• LV101
    LV101

Nico - Nice post and appreciate the positives for your Mum since many of us have beloved family in. If they'd protect the children, stop the shunning/blood issues it would be great/not happenin'! I don't care about their view on holidays -- so many secular folk can't stand them.

I have Morman friends who love their religion and have been in forever -- good people but the 2 JW friends I had (for short duration) are irreplaceable. I'm friends w/daughter of one and she couldn't run away fast enough from religion -- her Mom is aged now and shunned the oldest but not strong enough health wise to shun the youngest. I know Jewish couple who shun their son who married a non-jewish girl -- they've never met their beautiful grandies (grandchildren) -- just pathetic.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. The borg "jumped the shark" in the 1995vm generation reaching

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Maybe if You can't leave?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Dont you dare go to another church,, and hear what someone else has to say.....

• Vanderhoven7
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And no critical thinking.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When you are involved with the Jehovah`s Witness religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit