How Do You Know You Are In The Wrong Religion?

by Vanderhoven7 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You're in the wrong religion when,, ""you have questions that cant be answered & answers that cant be questioned""

Critical Thinkers.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The 'time clock' (as it were) likely became part of the religion when Rutherford made individual Bible Students/JWs into what he called publishers (which were expected to sell WT corporation literature) and began referring to the congregations as companies, and spoke of advertising the kingdom, thus using business terms - indicating the religion was being treated and thought of as a business.

• blondie
    blondie

In 2000, I realized that the WTS was not "god's organization." After researching many religions, I realized how many of the same flaws religions shared. So no other organized religions. Then I finally realized I did not need an unseen, cruel god words to guide me. I based my beliefs on how to show love others (and myself). I guess that means I am an atheist to many, but I am not an activist atheist. I am not try to get others to believe the way I do, did that already in another religion. Your points are so on the mark. It reminds me when I was a PIMO, I read Ray Franz' book, Crisis of Conscience, and I realized I was not alone in my questions and red flags. It was up and away after than.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The re-release of Crisis of Conscience in March 2018,,,I got my copy in mid March 2018 devoured it by end of that month.

That was my 1st ever reading of it

Then I had to,,,just had to trek down In Search of Christian Freedom by Ray Franz at a reasonable price.

I put 2 & 2 together,,everything fell in place and I realized I wasn't alone.

Ray Franz,,I feel like I'm always in his debt.

• blondie
    blondie

Great Beth Sarim. I was so thrilled, I tracked down his contact info and called him. We had a nice conversation and he invited us to stop on our next trip down to FL. It became a regular thing, meeting with him and his wife, having a meal, and sharing stories. Ray would take me into his office and show me the correspondence he had from people all over the world, that had the response to his book as I did. I was so sad when he died and his wife shortly after that.. I have my memories though.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Blondie, thanks.

I'm now on the 2nd time reading CoC, but now through kindle on my android phone. I can read it wherever, and wherever I want. I have a hard copy and a kindle version.

I really hope In Search of Christian Freedom is re-relelased again here soon.

I have read your accounts on previous threads how you were in touch with R. Franz how you tracked him down and actually hung-out with him and visited with him.

Amazing.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When you read those books,,you realise the Borg is no different than any other organization.

• Ding
    Ding

After I read CoC, I realized that the Watchtower organization was far more flawed than I had thought.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That the Borg is rotten at the top.

And rotten all the way up. That's why they adhere to the 2 witness rule like they do.

• Gorb
    Gorb

The 1995 generation change opened my eyes (and because of many deep conversations with a then good jw friend at university, some other trusted friends and a phd professor from University) and after I read Franz books, I lost all my trust in the Watchtower organization.

It was a special time in my life, I remember now. Investigate the religion, 4th generation Witness, asking questions and evenings of discussions with good friends, humour and wine. It was in the coming out of age in my youth years, from 1995 to 2000.

It changed me for good. Later on our group of best friends fall apart and we live our own lives.

So thankfull, became PIMO and now POMO.

Followed university and life blessed us with 2 children, stable family life and good jobs.

52 years of age now, and very thankfull.

Realise that choosing the path to exit a group like jw.org, is not always easy. It felt scary, heavy, sad and I had to go through many stages of feelings.

Sometimes I miss the old group of jw's be ause of the social activity.

Don't think that you can switch from jw.org to another group. Good friends are rare. You will be on your own and through the years you will find people that connect.

But, after all we are so thankfull to be independent. No group thinking anymore and no more confrontation to nonsense and anti science, anti democratic and anti everything in the Kingdom hall.

A sometimes happy (because life is not 365 days a year happyness), proud and thankfull Gorby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit