How Do You Know You Are In The Wrong Religion?

by Vanderhoven7 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if a relevant question could be....

Does it feel wrong and you have to keep convincing yourself to ignore the red flags to be happy with it?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Punkofnice:

All those red flags that are there are just wash away probably by the "sunk cost fallacy".

Its an emotional investment.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Shouldn't your questions be compared to the Bible?

And shouldn't those questions be current such as #21 and #10?

• Mum
    Mum

I believe there are many wrong religions, but most of them don't have such a comprehensive list of wrongs as Watchtower.
    Religion can only be considered right if it improves one's life and motivates him/her to live a life of caring about others and living a life of service (not the JW kind) to humankind.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

May I ask the obvious counter question?

How do you know when you are in the right religion?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If Mr. Ed talks back.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    May I ask the obvious counter question?

When youre totally comfortable with it.

It doesnt matter which religion you choose--or are born into: they all worship the same god, a man made idea.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

There is no such thing as the right or one true religion. No doubt some churches have more truth than others, but JWs are missing the boat totally.

Christianity is a relationship with Jesus Christ which Jehovah's Witnesses are forbidden to have. They cannot address their Michael the archangel to say, "Thank you for saving me and forgiving all of my sins!" first of all because they are not saved (which they admit) and secondly because their Jesus is not entitled to direct communication.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Jesus said, "he who has seen me has seen the Father". Having 'seen' the Father's child killing atrocities in the Old Testament I wonder why anyone would want a relationship with Jesus.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Having 'seen' the Father's child killing atrocities in the Old Testament

Vengance was not proper when pharoh killed firstborn of Israel?

“However, Samuel said: “Just as your sword has bereaved women of children, so your mother will be most bereaved among women.” With that Samuel hacked Aʹgag to pieces before Jehovah at Gilʹgal.” —“Vengeance is mine I will repay.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit