Does Sharon make US foriegn policy?

by William Penwell 21 Replies latest social current

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

The US has been under attack by radicals from the middle east. With over 100,00 troops in iraq, we ar sitting right in the middle of the people who are causing the problems. Saudia Arabia, Syria, and Iran are acutely aware of this little fact and if they don't wish the same to happen to them as what happened to Iraq, perhapse they need to behave. The only war you are going to beat terriosts is to use overwhelming force. Bug

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

jelly,

You don't think your trying to impose your standards on the people of Afghanistan or Iraq? I know you Will say we are trying to set up a democracy in those countries. After a lot of American blood shed, What happens if the people there is a free election and they vote in a anti American administration?

You speak of the Tali ban and other evil governments killing a lot of people but I could name as many dictators that were supported by past American administrations. Sometime back I posted on here about the Afghan massacre that happened under the noses of the American military and was covered up but it was locked because I guess it was a little too sensitive of a subject for some. No matter what justification you may have for retaliating to what they do, you are no better if you condone it but I guess its OK because the being Godless people and all.

I and I believe most Americans do not want anyones sympathy. We just want a way to fix it.

Someone else stated, Why do others hate us so much? Its that type of arrogant attitude that the gets you hated through out the world. After 9/11 would't have been better to work through the rest of the world community to come up with a resolution? No one wants terrorism and would like to see the end of it all. This could have been achieved through other means instead of going it alone and wanting help after the fact..

We can justify anything with shallow minded, school Yard bullying mentality Why don't we all go back to watching WWF wrestling? I am not naive either, there is a time when war is necessary, when all other options are exhausted. Seems like some want to buy what their leadership is telling them. Seems to me that coming from a control religion like the JW's we would be a little more skeptical of what is being fed to us as truth and question it a little. The world is not all black and white. You can talk around the question all you want but the problems all go back to an old book written 4,000 years ago. A book full of old superstitious ideologies.

Anyway it is costing you the tax payers billions of dollars just occupying Iraq and Afghanistan, that could be spent on things like home land security, medical care, schooling, veterans benefits etc. Also its costing you American lives everyday.

Will

• jelly
    jelly
    dictators that were supported by past American administrations

Two things, cold war logic and so what. Does that mean we can never oppose dictators because at one time we failed to?

Afghan massacre

I remember, one source, no confirmation. That had more to do with it than any other reason.

being Godless people and all

I dont condone killing godless people because I am a godless person.

Why do others hate us so much? Its that type of arrogant attitude that the gets you hated through out the world. After 9/11 would't have been better to work through the rest of the world community to come up with a resolution?

So they hate us because we dont want their pity?The world community of which you speak is incapable of ever solving any problem. Rawanda, etc, etc,. The world community wanted the status quo to exist to protect French, German and Russian contracts for weapons and oil.

No one wants terrorism and would like to see the end of it all

Not true, some groups and nations thrive off terrorism.

We can justify anything with shallow minded, school Yard bullying mentality Why don't we all go back to watching WWF wrestling?

Nice attack, was there a point to it?

there is a time when war is necessary, when all other options are exhausted

How many UN resolutions does it take for that to become an exhausted means?

Seems to me that coming from a control religion like the JW's we would be a little more skeptical of what is being fed to us as truth and question it a little. The world is not all black and white. You can talk around the question all you want but the problems all go back to an old book written 4,000 years ago. A book full of old superstitious ideologies.

I am sekptical but I dont have my head in the clouds. I do question, but dont accept biased sources. I agree the world is not black or white... actually I agree with the rest of that sentence.

Anyway it is costing you the tax payers billions of dollars just occupying Iraq and Afghanistan, that could be spent on things like home land security, medical care, schooling, veterans benefits etc. Also its costing you American lives everyday.

How much did 9/11 cost the American tax payer? Anyway it seems like some of the same people screaming over the cost of Iraq where screaming that we were not spending enough in Afghanistan.

• Schooling - its funded enough money is not the problem
    • medical care - government funding is not the solution to the problem
    • Vets benefits - yes they need more money

Other Points:

1. I dont think bringing a democratic form of gov. to these people is a form of abuse.
    2. No one wants to take away their right of self government

Terry

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

It was Sharon who was quoted as saying "we control America", when speaking about the Knesset and Washington.

Now, perhaps he may have exaggerated a bit, but there is a strong degree of truth in this assertion. Our most influential and powerful positions are occupied and administered by individuals representing a single ethnic group.

Irregardless of the group, anytime a minority rule/influence/manipulate the general affairs of the majority, it is an immediate danger and a cause for alarm.

Just as orthodox zionistic leaders are concerned that the beliefs of american christian fundamentalists revolve around the israelites returning home just in time for armageddon, so too are objective patriotic americans concerned about the zionistic influence in america.

It is the new fascism. Sharon is the new Generalissimo Franco, Peron or Mussolini, take your pick. If he goes unchecked and is allowed to pursue semitic cleansing policies against the arab world, he will then become another Hitler.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UR show me that quote in a REAL news article.

• integ
    integ

no. The Watchtower does.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Yeruslayim:

It's from a transcript/episode of the "McLaughlin Group" on PBS. It was Pat Buchanan who repeated the quote from Sharon and it was aired several months ago. I will scour their site and also see if I can deliver more than one source for you to review.

Give me a few days and let's keep this one open! THX

• JT
    JT
    They want every Jew & christain IN THE WORLD, not just israel, either converted or dead.

this is one of the most powerful statements that one can make and it is 110% correct in my view, but i think it does leave out some very important facts about the history of man-

I challenge anyone to show me that I am wrong- smile

this it the entire reason why i find religion and god to be a joke-

turning the hands of time back what do we see on the road of mankinds journey OF BEING TOLD BY GOD WHAT TO DO-

there was a religion known as the Jews- who declared that thier god told them to "Kick A$$ and take Names" and they rolled thru many of country side just killing anyone in their way on to what they said was land that god promised them,

as i had mentioned before in a post a while back-- imagine being the 12 yr old kid working in the fields of Moab with his dad and granddad only to see a dust cloud in the distance and to see this advancing army roll into his villiage and kill all the men and defiled women ----as he hid he watched his two younger sister 14 and 16 dragged off kicking and screaming while the army sang out "Jehovah has given us this BOOOTY"-

FAST FORWARD a few years---- you got some dude called a christian who wears some FUNKY HAT and hangs out in Rome declare that god has told him to convert ALL and kill anyone "GIVING THEM SOME LIP" SO HE TOO and his merry band of men go off on a killing spree-

fast forward to the 21st century, we got some dudes riding around on damn camels----- when he can afford to buy the finest Rolls Royce, and what did their god tell them KILL THE DAMN INFIDELS"

SO what we are looking at is how during different times of mans history one group after another takes over the role of CARRY OUT THE WILL OF GOD

if any of us had been living during the time of the jews - and we were of a different SORT you and i would be killed or had to convert per say

if you or i had been living during the time of Rome's baptism spree and we refused to get dunked in the water or a little sprinkle we would have been put to death

so here we are today with the same "Sh!T" different "PILE" and by not being muslium or sharing thier view of how to live they try to kill us

NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SON

this is why is is so important that folks stop claiming to be getting instructions from some invisible dude in the sky

just my 2

• JT
    JT
    What happens if the people there is a free election and they vote in a anti American administration?

i had the same conversation today with a muslium from Iran, his dad fled after the fall of the shah

and that was his point, due to religion being such an ingrained thing over there, --hell look at how many folks thought the judge who put up the 10 commandments in the courthouse was doing something great-

so we clearly have excellent examples of how religion/god gets worked into gov and policies

and it would be a thing to see if these folks decided :

"Yea we want to vote" and they vote in a Cleric- and then tell the USA and american companies THANK YOU!!! for rebuilding our bridges road hospitals dams, infrastructure, etc----now get the He!! out

and that is a real possiblity

Seems to me that coming from a control religion like the JW's we would be a little more skeptical of what is being fed to us as truth and question it a little.

this too for me has been one of the most interesting thing i have seen among some of us who leave

we still want to have something that we can just BELIEVE whatever they tell us, and i agree of all folks who have been BAMBOOZLED AND HOODWINKED a person who had been part of a high control group would never just take the word of someone in authority just because THEY SAY SO, A yet i like you see some many jw who whatever their gov or bush or whoever it is says a they become offensive just like we all did when some questioned the truthfulness of the FDS

man we should be the last folks to buy ANYTHING from someone that involves HIGH STAKES

YEP THOSE little holy books authored by the invisible man in the sky do indeed have an interestng traack record for pissing folks off toward others- to the point where they will kill

• JT
    JT
    Two things, cold war logic and so what

sound like a jw

"that was what we used to teach , so what

yep same mindset- some folks never change-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit