From the WTBS to... CHURCHS???

by DoubtingThomas 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

road to nowhere, in 1John 3:17 we are told

" if anyone has material possessions and seed a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them , how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children let us not love with words or speech but with actions and with truth "

In the parable of the Good Samaritan Jesus makes it clear that our neighbour is not just someone who goes to our church or believes the same as us but anyone in need. That is why churches do charitable work , not because salvation depends on it . I have posted this on another thread to make this point but l think that it bears posting again .

Jan

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

WHY?????? - because human beings have 'spirituality'.

Some pursue that thru the arts - poetry, film, and so forth.

Others through religion.

Personally, the WTS has made me very distrustful of all religions, but I can see why some people would go to a local church after the WTS.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

I guess when Truth doesn't matter...

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Of course Truth matters. Truth is a person: Jesus said, "I AM the way, the TRUTH, and the life". But, the WT claims truth is their organization. Looks like a decision has to made here because both cannot be true.

Over and over the bible warns not to put trust in mortal men:

Psalm 146:3

Do not trust in princes,

In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.

Jeremiah 17:5

Thus says the Lord, “Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind"

Isaiah 2:22

Stop regarding man, whose breath of life is in his nostrils; For why should he be esteemed?

If not men, then who?

God, who at various times and in diverse ways spoke long ago to the fathers through the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things - Heb. 1:1

As JW's, we rebelled against the direction of scripture. We put our trust in men and we sought Jehovah instead of Jesus. When it came to obeying Jesus in regards to his command to receive a New Covenant and get our sins forgiven, we publicly rejected it, like the rebels that we were.

How much more severe a punishment do you suppose he deserves, who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded the blood of the covenant ... to be a common thing, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? ... 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. - Heb. 10:29-31

There are many good churches that lead people to Jesus. You should pick out a non-denomination church and check it out sometime. Jesus said that where two or more are gathered together, he would be there. People go to church to meet up with Jesus, not to pretend that they alone have the truth or pretend they are righteous. So, now you know, "WHY"???

You can usually meet Jesus on Sunday mornings at a gathering near where you live. He'll be waiting for you there.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

TRUTH is not confined to the so called spiritual paradise of WTBTS.

Let me take a wild guess, the dislike I got from my initial post is from the doubting Thomas who cannot stomach the fact that WTBTS pushes it members to the CHURCHES directly or indirectly.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Watchtower or any other religions are utter non sense and garbage.

BTW, why does god always appear in the middle east - Yahweh, Jesus, Allah

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

See Breeze:

Of course Truth matters. Truth is a person: Jesus said, "I AM the way, the TRUTH, and the life". But, the WT claims truth is their organization. Looks like a decision has to made here because both cannot be true.

The claim that ‘truth is a person’ is semantically nonsensical. And the ‘decision’ between ‘Jesus’ and ‘WT’ is a false dichotomy.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The concept of "jesus forgives our sins" is an imaginary thing invented by the churches that would be forgiven by an Imaginary myth called Jesus

• LV101
    LV101

jhine: Thx for share👍🏻

• jhine
    jhine

Thomas , I'm not on here that much , it tends to be in spurts. So I'm not up to speed really .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit