Do local JWs want in-person meetings back in your congregation?

by JWTom 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    As I told my brother who zooms. Just take a picture of yourself in your meeting clothes. Put in front of the camera. Then go do what you want.

Take a few, then change the picture a few times and say your picture keeps freezing😂

If there is a blizzard, instead of canceling the boasting session, they simply use Zoom.

Oh heck that's a good point!!!🙄

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Heard of one orthodox elder buy a house out in the country, miles away from the KH. His reasoning that KH are a thing of the past. I’ve had similar sentiments from relatives.

The thing WT has to consider carefully if it does decide to sell up, and run with the money, Is the control that they can hold over its members. Not even a year out and an elders letter banning independent meetings. I feel if they become an online religion it will eventually be the end of them

• jhine
    jhine

Here in the UK many churches have been having Zoom services or Bible studies. Unlike with the WT this hasn't been compulsory but lots of churches have used technology to keep in touch .

However l know that the members of my church , by which l mean my local church , can't wait to be able to meet in person again. .

Jan

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I imagine JW's are ambivalent about it, on the one hand Zoom Meetings are easier for them, on the other, actual live meeting up means they can actually catch up with all the gossip. And Gossip is what they all, men and women, thrive on.

• hoser
    hoser

In the Jehovah’s Witness religion it’s who you know not what you know.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

You should keep in mind that JWS aren't suppose to have relationships with non members or even family who aren't members, they are regulated to associate with only other members , so KH meetings are a vital time and place where JWS keep in touch.

Its also a place where people show their new clothing and talk about where they are going for a vacation, possibly brag about how much time they've spent in service.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Really hard to put toothpaste back into the tube.

• hoser
    hoser
    Why would anyone want to go back to meetings? Sunday morning is now laundry day.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bitch, please.

I have teenage kids.

Every day is laundry day.

• jhine
    jhine

So today my local church held its first ' proper ' service for over a year . Numbers had to be limited due to Covid regulations, social distancing etc . The church building isn't massive. It's Amington Parish church if anyone wants to Google it .

However all available seats were taken and it was great to actually meet in person .

So there is no reason , at least here in the UK, for JWs to not be able to start meetings again . It will be interesting to see what happens.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit