Do local JWs want in-person meetings back in your congregation?

by JWTom 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JWTom
    JWTom

I realize many here think that in-person meetings will return as soon as things are safe with Covid. But many acknowledge it will likely be 2022 or later when this happens.

Surprisingly, many PIMI JWs in our congregation are not shy about saying they are fine with Zoom meetings forever and do not want to go back to in-person meetings. Many speculate similar thoughts that are on this site....such as a combination of in-person and Zoom meetings. Curious what other active JWs hear from those in your local area. Central U.S. here.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Surprisingly, many PIMI JWs in our congregation are not shy about saying they are fine with Zoom meetings forever

forever-----like in the Paradise Earth!

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Given the way that JWs celebrated with unbridled joy whenever meetings were cancelled due to inclement weather even before the pandemic, I suspect most are not especially looking forward to it.

"We notice you've been missing a lot of meetings, Brother Bob".

"Oh, I wouldn't say I've been missing them, Brother Obnoxious".

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

If the Watchtower reduced meetings to a 45 minute public talk on Sunday and only asked for 1 hour a week of standing next to a literature cart for publishing hours Witnesses would through a ticker tape parade.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I have heard it and I do not get around. The face to face at the hall not that great. The time changing clothes, traveling all cut into necessary activities. With zoom you can multitask to stay awake (some material is not that riveting). Add in the awkward meeting times which cut a whole day into useless segments. ( 2 or 3 Sunday?, or staying up past bedtime).

Unless there us a monetary advantage things will go back to normal in time

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And when they go back to normal, they will lose those precious snow days. If there is a blizzard, instead of canceling the boasting session, they simply use Zoom. The worst of both worlds. What is there to not hate?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    With zoom you can multitask to stay awake

At a recent meeting I counted less than 20% of the video cameras turned on.

Lots of "multi-tasking" (AKA eating breakfast, watching TV, reading a book) going on, I suspect.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

When people are saying they like just doing Zoom meetings, that's a real indication that some people are wanting to make an exit out of this religion.

• a watcher
    a watcher

The GB doesn't care what local JWs want.

• Overrated
    Overrated

As I told my brother who zooms. Just take a picture of yourself in your meeting clothes. Put in front of the camera. Then go do what you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit