All About The Words We Used

by dubstepped 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Rainbow_troll correct me if I'm wrong but isn't what you looked into what people would call spiritualism which isn't a word dubs use, but if you were to use it they would become extremely confused!! After all usually anything with spiritual in has to be good, doesn't it??!!

BreakfastOC "Wife-like organization' always sounded a bit weird to me, even as a dub!

"Field Service" has a militaristic quality to it. After all, serving in the field in the army means serving were the ' enemy' is as it were.....for witnesses that's literally true!

"Heart Condition" is absurd,it should be brain condition ( it's a hang-over from when they believed it was literally true )

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Accurate Knowledge - Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I put a glossary in the book I put together.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    dubstepped - "Watchtower - my whole life I saw this as a thing of protection from outside evil forces, and then when I left, someone pointed out, 'isn't that what they used to keep people in prison?'..."

Yup, only prison camps have watchtowers.

That little realization is always a good one.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    stuckinarut2 - "As a witness we understood it to be a good thing to follow like sheep. Now we know that to be a sheep is to be a mindless follower with no individual thinking ability."

Not to mention that a sheep's ultimate fate is to be either sheared, or butchered and eaten (by wolves or shepherds).

Not the most appealing outcome.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    Diogenesister15 hours ago

Rainbow_troll correct me if I'm wrong but isn't what you looked into what people would call spiritualism which isn't a word dubs use, but if you were to use it they would become extremely confused!! After all usually anything with spiritual in has to be good, doesn't it??!!

Spiritualism is the more common term, yes, but spiritism has an identical meaning if you look it up in a dictionary (though not all dictionaries list it).

• schnell
    schnell

@Rainbow_Troll, just show them Ezekiel 1:10 and 15-20, and then a picture of the zodiac.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    schnell 3 hours ago
    @Rainbow_Troll, just show them Ezekiel 1:10 and 15-20, and then a picture of the zodiac

LOL

Not to mention the numerous veiled (or not so veiled if you know astrology) astrological themes in the gospels as well as the Book of Revelation. I once met a woman who called Christianity "astro-theology". She even wrote a book about it called 'Suns of God' which I haven't yet gotten around to reading, but it would be a great place to start for anyone still hung up on Christianity.

The early history of the Watchtower is itself rife with occultism. C.T. Russell believed in astrology and even once used it to make a prediction in a 1903 Watchtower. C.J. Woodworth, who wrote a portion of The Finished Mystery, openly admitted on several occassions to being demon possessed. Then there is the barely hidden occult iconography and symbolism that sometimes shows up in Watchtower publications.

• fokyc
    fokyc

To be read by a "QUALIFIED BROTHER".

A qualified brother is an elder who can put over lies in a very believing way!

• Splash
    Splash

HEAD KNOWLEDGE

I was once interrogated by the elders as to my study habits.
    I explained that I like studying and do it regularly, using both JW and non-JW sources.

Expecting commendation I was then asked "but do you do this just for head knowledge?"

Stunned.
    So even when you do what you're supposed to, you are still under suspicion.

Besides, what other knowledge is there except for that which is stored in your head?

• oppostate
    oppostate

How about present truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit