All About The Words We Used

by dubstepped 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HappyGal
    HappyGal

AWAKE!

For a JW---- Awake is a magazine to be read and distributed.

For a former JW---- Awake is someone who knows about TTATT.

• blondie
    blondie

Watch

Tower

In olden days a soldier/guard would be stationed on the top of a tower to watch for the enemy being able to see the dust of the army marching towards a city.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Theocratic:

Any arrangement or behavior that was approved of was considered "theocratic". Any person or arrangement that did not fall in line was referred to as "untheocratic".

Heart-condition:

A reference to your spirituality as opposed to your needing triple-bypass surgery.

House-holder:

A resident of a house or apartment that was being visited out in field service.

Field-service:

Going out in the door to door preaching.

• schnell
    schnell

@Village Idiot, I told a co-worker they call it "going out in service". He laughed.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Schnell,

@Village Idiot, I told a co-worker they call it "going out in service". He laughed.

I had a co-worker challenge me to tell him the special phrase the JWs use in the d to d work. He became quiet when I told him "field service".

Another co-worker laughed when I told him that JWs use the phrase "The Truth". He said "What does that mean - that we're in the lie?" He kept joking about it for the next several weeks. Every time he saw me he would say "Hey brother, we're in the lie!"

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Loving the world: That is supposed to be a sign that you are in complete spiritual peril and in a path to destruction of your own doing, with no one else to blame but yourself. It also means that you are not worthy of being seen as a respectable JW in good standing.

When talking to a counselor I asked her what would she say If I say "I love the world". She said that to her it means that you are in good spirit or feel happy. I explained to her what it means in JW-ese, and realized then that simple expressions mean something so way off what they really are supposed to mean for normal people.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Goats : Everybody outside of the "truth" were goat like people.

Babylonish people as was philistines ,also to describe worldly people .

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

privilege to non-JWs: a special advantage or a right

privilege to a JW : cleaning the toilets

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

soon to a normal person means--well soon, To a jw it means never!

evidently to a normal person that means facts, evidence to back it up. To a jw it means conjure up some random events and give them meaning!

jehovah to a normal person means the war god of the nomadic ancient hebrews. To a jw it means everything.

jesus to a normal person means a person who lived a peaceful, inspiring life and encouraged others to do the same. To a jw it means nothing!

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, at this point, it's a whole other f**king language that just happens to use English(-ish) words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit