How to "turn the tables" on still-in witness who pry about our status.

by stuckinarut2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So many of us have had (perhaps well-meaning) JWs ask us questions about our inactivity, or lack of attendance at meetings. They may pry about why....

How is this for a simple, yet straight to the point response? To a sincere person, it may play on their mind and make them ask more questions. To a fully in indoctrinated pious JW, it stops them dead in their tracks and makes a point:

"Thanks, but my God-given Bible trained conscience doesn't allow me to associate, now that I know a multitude of disturbing facts"

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    To a sincere person, it may play on their mind and make them ask more questions. To a fully in indoctrinated pious JW, it stops them dead in their tracks and makes a point:

Way back when I though that something like this would matter, the problem was that the JWs that camt talking to me had not good intention nor sincere interest in me or my well being. They only wanted to get "juicy dirt" to talk among themselves.

I'm sure that's not the case with all JWs, but my reality was nothing that would make me try to reason with them. They were nasty people, they were ill intended, the couldn't care less about what they should do as JWs, leave alone caring about me as a person.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "Thanks, but my God-given Bible trained conscience doesn't allow me to associate, now that I know a multitude of disturbing facts"

All most will hear is that you "disassociated."
  • cha ching
    cha ching

I understand what you are saying scratchme.... I kind of feel the same way.... I know how JWs think…

But........

Like stuckinarut was musing... I want to have a retort ready, to blast them if they ask. Kind of a 'damned if they do, and damned if they don't" kind of answer. I don’t like being left speechless, like I just got hit on the head.

My JW uber duber sister, with an elder for a husband, came up to me as I came to clean my JW mother's house, and announced to me:

"I just want you to know. We know you are not disfellowshipped, but you don't believe in the name of Jehovah. You are an apostate, and we ARE going to shun you"

So, I have been thinking about this for a long time, and I thought... if anyone ever says this to me again, I will reply:

"That is the difference between you and I."

"I am not going to be complicit in child sex abuse. I have seen the WT lawyers lie. I have seen Geoffrey Jackson lie in a court of law. God does not make me sit with liars, but if I want my family, the WT B&S makes me to go to meetings and sit with men of lies. That’s blackmail. No thank you, that is NOT for me. That IS the difference between you and I."

• steve2
    steve2

JW's reply: "Fine, then since your conscience won't allow you to associate with us, you will have no objection to our saying the feeling is mutual.",

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I believe others have said that to the JC people. My Conscience won't allow me to ...... (fill in several examples or reasons) They just give a talk saying how it isn't up to the individuals in the congregation to use their conscience. Their conscience could be wrong - better to rely on the organization's conscience.....

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Say what they want to hear, then when they are gone, get on with your life.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

JWs ask us questions about our inactivity, or lack of attendance at meetings.

Maybe just maybe, when The religion apologizes for leading their members up the garden path with "truth`s" that turned out to be falsehoods because "New light " always followed old "truth`s" that never materialized .Think about that.

• Onager
    Onager
    cha ching8 hours ago8 hours agoI understand what you are saying scratchme.... I kind of feel the same way.... I know how JWs think…
    But........
    Like stuckinarut was musing... I want to have a retort ready, to blast them if they ask. Kind of a 'damned if they do, and damned if they don't" kind of answer. I don’t like being left speechless, like I just got hit on the head.
    My JW uber duber sister, with an elder for a husband, came up to me as I came to clean my JW mother's house, and announced to me:
    "I just want you to know. We know you are not disfellowshipped, but you don't believe in the name of Jehovah. You are an apostate, and we ARE going to shun you"

One possible answer could be:

"It is incredibly rude to tell a person what they believe. If you dictate my beliefs to me again I swear I will S**t in your screaming mouth. Now F**k off back in your box you glassy-eyed C**kwomble."

• respectful_observer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit