Padron Case Settled. What happens to the fine?

by Slidin Fast 45 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Never a JW:

Aging and dying is a part of life. My bigger point is why JW’s still care. They care because the leadership cares. And they show that they care through the fact that organization has proven to keep up with technological advances. You can see this in their feature-length movie productions and other video content, applications, and our research tools.

That alone appeals to the “new generation”. So I completely disagree with you. Had they still been forcing us to carry bound volumes to the meetings and brief cases, then sure.

But we can use iPads, tablets, and smart phones. That’s really right up the alleys of young people.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Never a JW:

The property sales are a direct result of the massive printing reductions, which means less staff are needed.

However you forget the tens of millions used to build Warwick, the Broadcast studio, and other building used to film.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Bobby: My bigger point is why JW’s still care. They care because the leadership cares.

BS. I disagree. They care because they care about themselves.

People care because they are wired to care....about their own future. The JWs have got their ticket to paradise clutched in their hot and sweaty hands and they aren't looking left or right. They don't care if the leadership cares. That has nothing to do with it and if you think that it does...I have a bridge for sale

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Bobby - That alone appeals to the “new generation”. So I completely disagree with you. Had they still been forcing us to carry bound volumes to the meetings and brief cases, then sure.
    But we can use iPads, tablets, and smart phones. That’s really right up the alleys of young people.

"Us" and "we", hmmmmm......

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

I got the 3 billion based off estimating if each JW gave about 2 percent of their income in donations, it would easily be over a billion a year (some give more, some gives less). Combine that with the money not being spend on printing and it comes to be a pretty decent windfall there as printing is a massive expense.

Of course I don’t know for sure so it’s a lot of guesswork on my part.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Never a JW “people are leaving slowly”.

So what? People DO leave, and people join. Some of those who left come back. So the issue is not binary.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Bobby I think you overestimate the rate of giving at 2%. I think you underestimate the importance of lack of converts. Once the trend becomes reduction in numbers rather than expansion, the chill winds start to be felt. Apathy, reliance on the old and burned out, lack of new blood and the relentless boredom of digital loaded meetings are taking their toll.

The young have so much techno content to choose from they are not going to be bowled over by saccharine propaganda in any real numbers. Those that are swayed are not exactly the cream of the crop by definition.

So maybe not imminent collapse but creaking, cracking and fraying round the edges. Well that's my view.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

I did get quite the chuckle from some in the ex-JW community who have claimed over the past several years to keep “in contact” with Zalkin about these cases implying that they have some sort of relationship with him, yet, they had no idea he settled these two cases until that Sandiego paper published those settlements, several weeks after the settlements were reached. In other words, they found out at the same time the rest of the world found out... and not a second before.

As much as I dislike Zalkin because of his sudden disappearing acts when his cases are dropped or settled, the man is far from stupid and is very self aware.

He will be more than happy to give interviews on ex-JW outlets, give them quotes, respond to emails etc, when he’s TRYING TO GAIN PUBLICITY for his cases (obviously to lure victims into contacting his offices so he can talk them into suing).

Then he’s stonewalls everyone after that, including these so called “friends” and “contacts” of his.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

How are “digitally loaded meetings” (whatever that means) taking their toll when they are barely two years old?

We LIVE in a digital world, so it something we have all grown used to. Heck, the DVD is even soon to be archaic as the demand for downloadable movies has grown.

The response the GB has gotten is overwhelmingly supportive of the JWB monthly programs (which are digital and the reason why they green-lit its translation into more languages).

I seriously believe you are talking out of your arse.

• AbusedandPissed
    AbusedandPissed

Was the fine continued even when it was on appeal? I thought I read somewhere that the trial court put the case on hold till after the appeal decision. I think the fine stopped at $64,000, and following the appeal, the plaintiff had to file a new motion to get the documents and potential penalties following 30 days after the appeal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit