Reasons Why We Like or Love Jehovahs-Witness Discussion

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Another bonus is that Obiwan can post pictures of JLo and Anna K.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

minimus

What did I tell you about the JLo pictures?!?! Did we just leave this party?!?! ACK!!

Lisa

• minimus
    minimus

can't we have just a little JLO?

• minimus
    minimus

I think this is worth reviewing!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Why?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am members of many kinds of boards, but this is the one that saved my life. I relate to so many, it is scarey when we meet and our stories are almost exactly the same story. We can relate on so many things. Take a look at the assembly food thread...........now we can sit back and laugh at that stuff. No one in the world but exjw's can appreciate the humor in the things we went thru as JW's.

This place is a place you can talk about anything, and many times the old JW issues surface, because we are still in a healing process. I have set here and cried at experiences others have been thru, because I know what they are talking about. You want to reach out and just hug someone. I know when I was able to meet some of those from this forum face to face,,,,,we looked at each other and just had a connection. If is as if we were one in the same. Without alot of words, the look in our eyes towards each other said volumns.

I think the first time I meet Nina,,,,,,,Cruzanheart, shortly after the sad tradgedy of her dad's death.....and we happened to find each other in the restaurant bathroom, just holding each other and crying ,,,,,,,,it was a moment I will never forget. Words didnt have to be spoken, we just knew, because our experiences were so similar.

I will never in my life forget the people I have met here, and no matte how much I grow and move on with my life, I never want to lose those friendships.

Without this site,,,,,,,, I would not have had the chance to come face to face with others who know exactly what I feel and truly are friends who understand.

I love JWD, and I love all of you............Hugs Dede

• minimus
    minimus

Dede----That was beautiful!

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Curiosity is what attracted me and the members, their support, debates, research and empathy for each other is what's kept me here.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

There are so many caring people out here with great advice. And it's nice to know that there are others like me. I still go to meetings and I don't believe it's the truth any longer. And I feel it's nice for lurkers in my situation too, to know they aren't alone, in their congregations there are probably a few who are questioning everything, though not openly.

• minimus
    minimus

Itsallgoodnow, It's VERY important for JWs that are still going to meetings to feel welcomed here. If you feel that there's no other place to go other than the Kingdom Hall, you'll be intimidated to look elsewhere. That's why it's important that we keep this place always moving in the right direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit