Reasons Why We Like or Love Jehovahs-Witness Discussion

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Every once in a while we get disturbed or annoyed over something that takes place here. For a change, let's express reasons why we're HAPPY to be here.......I'll give one reason amongst many. There are so many enlightening posters here! Some are so well researched and informative. Others have a beautiful way of expressing their argument that you just have to reconsider a position that might have been different. Some posters exude kindness and warmth.........How do you feel???

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

It's a happy, wonderful place to be.....

• logansrun
    logansrun

Personally, I'm in it for the sex.

Bradley

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I would feel better if *they* would leave up Yeru's ACLU thread....he has put it up 3 times and had it deleted before anyone responded twice....it was an article for god's sakes....he did not even comment.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/58679/1.ashx

The article had been up and was being discussed, but despite Simon's request to stop, continued to spiral into insults and so was locked.

Happy now? thought not

• Francois
    Francois

Yeah, good point. And WE'RE the people who give the JWs a hard time for OMITTING so much of what they have published from their CD. What the hell are we doing here, attempting to outdo the JWs in censoring our own stuff?

In this, as in all things, give a person a particle of power over others and that person goes totally horseshit with it...the current Tsunami of threads that are locked or deleted exhibit A. (And some of the rationale given for these actions would insult the intelligence of a cretin.) I wonder how much longer the good people who ARE this site get a belly full of this kind of bullshit treatment and vote with their feet? We've already voted once that way with one of the world's most high-control cults. This board would be child's play and that would be too bad. It's otherwise such a grand place. We just seem to have a few egomaniacs running loose that are going to spoil the entire apple barrel.

• logansrun
    logansrun
    And WE'RE the people who give the JWs a hard time for OMITTING so much of what they have published from their CD

Um, Francois, you mean you.

B.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

OMG, Bradley, now my sides hurt.

Nice post, minimus.

• I like to be reminded that my childhood experiences, while surreal, are not unique - that a lot of people are dealing with the things that I have dealt with and still do deal with.
    • I've been out a long time (not as long as some, but almost 20 years) and I've missed some of the recent doctrinal developments - they are amusing to read about. I also tell myself that possibly someone else can benefit from something I have encountered on my long strange trip.
    • Of course, reading about Dave's trip to Bethel is worth anything! (Dave, I think I live less than a mile from the condo you mention in Part 6! Was it near Macadam?)
    • I've been experienceing writer's block lately on my own projects, and I find posting here is a great way to get out of it!
    • It does my heart good to see so many people reaching out and growing and changing... keeps me from feeling complacent, makes me challenge myself to get out and stretch.
  • minimus
    minimus

Let's begin this again. We have thousands? of posters here. This is the BEST forum on the internet. Don't you appreciate it? I do, otherwise I wou;ldn't post here, so often.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Like anything, its just adictive.

I can live without it, in fact, I will have to.

I'm out of here.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks minimus - I agree with what you said in your first post

There are so many enlightening posters here! Some are so well researched and informative. Others have a beautiful way of expressing their argument that you just have to reconsider a position that might have been different. Some posters exude kindness and warmth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit