Reasons Why We Like or Love Jehovahs-Witness Discussion

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• happyout
    happyout

I enjoy my time here frequently because it helps me realize I'm not crazy. Being out for over a decade, and yet still being so enmeshed in it is very normal, especially for someone who's family is still in.

I like reading the new doctrinal changes, and hearing about past lies.

I enjoy reading the life experiences of others who have escaped and survived.

I have made a couple of friends that I believe I will keep for a long time.

That's good enough for me.

Happyout

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

this site has been a life-saver for me, seriously. i dont know what i'd do without it. i have no other contact with ex-JW's aside from this board. i value the interaction so much.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I love this site. I get to say what's really on my mind religiously and doctrinally. Really good resource for questions. My big thing right now is finding out every last lie we were told, so it's fascinating to me to see new subjects brought up daily that never even occurred to me.

Also it has been a real help to make contacts behind the "scenes" as it were. It makes me less isolated after giving up all my so-called friends at the Kingdom hall. And it helps to know that I'm not the only one with psycho fanatic parents who are trying to drag me back in with emotional blackmail. (More on that later, when I'm ready.)

Odrade

• minimus
    minimus

Sometimes, we need to express our thanks to Simon and Angharad for the time and resources that they put into this. This site MUST kill the WBTS! YAY!!!!--------------and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

• Phantom Stranger
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    let's express reasons why we're HAPPY to be here

1) Lots of pretty colors to look at
    2) Joannadandy
    3) Something to do when I'm bored at work
    4) Jehovah's blessing
    5) I like cheesecake
    6) Tube Socks
    7) Uh, what were we talking about??

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'm here to cause trouble and because I dont want to miss the flamewars

Brummie

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I really love the fact that this is a forum whose members *really* can relate to the JW impact on my life. As most of us here might experience, it's really hard to find people to talk to who know the in's and out's of this cultic experience and are attempt to productively move on with their lives. In that past, a lot of people I spoke with might have had a very minimal understanding/contact with JWs. Some of them said, "Oh, I knew "x" was a JW. She is so nice and polite." They saw only the surface "goodness" that JWs try relentlessly to show the rest of the world. I was always reluctant to drag in the details of the REAL truth because generally it sounded like sour grapes, and/or they'd think I had a persecution complex.

Anyway, had this forum existed 20 years ago, I think I'd experience a lot less pain. And I would have left a lot sooner.

• minimus
    minimus

Thank God for the internet. It is not Satan's tool. Without it, we would never be so enlightened here!

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder how many people left the organization because of this site...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit