Unwritten Theory

by moreconfusedthanever 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Demons inhabit second hand furniture and assorted items.

If god didn't offer eternal life you should still worship him.

Jesus resurrected(tm) Lazarus so that he could get him anointed(tm) and shipped off to heaven.

There was a Governing body in the 1st century.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I always ask my Jw wife as to why Jah created mosquitoes that bite and spread diseases to mankind. Now she has an answer.

Keeps me wondering if WT is providing the proper food at the right time

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

You know the crazy is not limited to JWs. Just yesterday I was talking to a lady whose daughter is very promiscuous at age 15 and she has been expelled from a couple of schools now for carrying on with boys during school hours. So I asked her if she has given any thought as to why her daughter may be this way? Her response - "She has a demon on her. We have to keep praying that the demon will go away and leave her alone so we can get our angelic daughter back."

I was thinking she may benefit from seeing a professional such as a psychologist but I doubt the poor girl will get such help.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Have any of you heard some theories from JWs that are not based on scripture?

Never heard those theories that you mentioned. I do know, however, that the WT makes up a whole lot of things in their teachings. If you are a believer in the Bible, this could be a great opportunity for you to research on your own and make your own decision about what to believe.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Scratchme1010 you are right. Even that is discouraged by the JWs. I can't get past the fact that the bible as we have it is not the actual bible and so much will have been lost in translation.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

When I was discussing why nothing had been happening since God's kingdom had come in 1914, the JW lady at work got a smile on her face. She said "This is what one sister said, and I think it's something interesting. She said that Jesus has been making lists of what he is going to do and of the people he's going to have help him"

I said "How long does it take to make a list? If president Obama had done the same thing when he got elected - not doing anything but making lists - he would have been impeached and thrown out."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DoFP - Jesus has been making lists of what he is going to do and of the people he's going to have help him

Yep. typical made up nonsense to justify a nonsense belief system.

I heard a sister(tm) saying that thing about satan creating wasps and nasty creepy crawlies. So bonkers.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Punky (and everyone)I heard a sister(tm) saying that thing about satan creating wasps and nasty creepy crawlies. So bonkers.

If Satan could do that - create life himself, do they not wonder what differentiates him from God?

Not to mention a lot of these ' creepy crawlies' carry out vital functions - such as pollination, eating pests themselves - without which our whole ecosystem would collapse. That's pretty decent of Satan, I'd say!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes - EVE was SOOOOO Perfect that...

A) A talking snake did not surprise her as being strange.
    B) With only 46 words from the snake - she DUMPED GOD who just made her and gave her everything.

Makes perfect sense.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Here is the first crazy JW theory I had ever heard. I heard it when I was about 4 or 5 -

"Satan and his demons (Satan owns demons? Demons work for Satan? What?) created dinosaur bones to make people believe in evolution."

Without a doubt the most insane theory I had ever heard.

Not much later I heard -

"UFOs and alien sightings are made by Satan and his demons to make people believe there is life elsewhere in the universe and therefor evolution is true."

I find it amazing that I think I actually started my escape from that organization before I started primary school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit