Another reason I hate the ACLU

by freedom96 46 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The ACLU does a lot of good. I think it's rediculous to discredit the ACLU entirely just because they support NAMBLA. (Yes, that's disgusting to me.... I watched that South Park episode, so I'm well aware of NAMBLA. )

The only thing I can figure is that the ACLU doesn't make any moral judgments at all... they just work to protect people's liberties. But supporting NAMBLA is over the line.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    The ACLU does a lot of good. I think it's rediculous to discredit the ACLU entirely just because they support NAMBLA

Oh please. The ACLU has totally lost it. They are fighting for the rights of men who want to screw litltle boys. Their motto is "sex by eight or it's too late." Even my hardcore friends who have praised the good that the ACLU has done in the past are done with them now.

They are fighting for the rights of child molestors. So any support you give them supports child molestors.

From all the venting I've seen on this site about how horrible the WTBTS is for hiding child molestors I find it hard to believe that anyone could overlook what the ACLU is doing. Come on, what next? What would it take to drop the support you have for the ACLU?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Yes..I might not agree with some of their stands, but they do much more good than bad.

This SHOULD read they DID much good...not DO much good.

The ACLU is quite selective in what "Free Speech" rights they want to protect.

A teacher's aide in Pennsylvania was fired for wearing a small cross necklace at the school...they didn't support her...she had to sue on her own...no pro-bono from the ACLU.

However....they supported the Muslim woman in Florida who wanted to wear a veil when her picture was taken for her license.

Man in Colorado wants to fly the US flag at his home in a housing co-op...the housing committee refused to let him (it was one of these gated communities so popular now days). They've not defended him in his lawsuit.

People want to burn the flag...it's "free speech" that the ACLU says needs be protected.

There are MANY more examples...are you getting the picture...whatever they used to be...the ACLU is now the bastion of liberalism...if there's a conservative issue they've supported recently...I don't know what it is...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    From all the venting I've seen on this site about how horrible the WTBTS is for hiding child molestors I find it hard to believe that anyone could overlook what the ACLU is doing. Come on, what next? What would it take to drop the support you have for the ACLU?

Hmm... excellent point. You got me there.

A teacher's aide in Pennsylvania was fired for wearing a small cross necklace at the school...they didn't support her...she had to sue on her own...no pro-bono from the ACLU.

Yes, that's stupid when compared to how they supported the Muslim woman.

Man in Colorado wants to fly the US flag at his home in a housing co-op...the housing committee refused to let him (it was one of these gated communities so popular now days). They've not defended him in his lawsuit.

They probably refused to let him for the same reason some communities don't allow satellite dishes. The ACLU not defending this person doesn't surprise me. Is the right to fly a flag protected by the bill of rights?

People want to burn the flag...it's "free speech" that the ACLU says needs be protected.

I don't have a problem with people burning the flag to make a statement... for example if someone disagrees with the government.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

D,

Dude, what a question...

Is the right to fly a flag protected by the bill of rights?

Surely you were joking when you asked that...right?

You answered your own question here...

I don't have a problem with people burning the flag to make a statement... for example if someone disagrees with the government.

Now, stay with me here D...let's use reason...I know some of the X dubs are out of practice with the whole "reasoning" thing...but bare with me...

If it's a constitutionally protected right to BURN the flag because you DISAGREE with the government...wouldn't it or shouldn't it be a constitutionally protected right to FLY the flag if you AGREE with the government?

NAMBLA...the North American Man Boy Love Association (as opposed to the National Association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes, which is trying to find a new name because of the OTHER NAMBLA) has been around since I was a youngster. I remember first hearing about them when I was like 9 or 10..when I was still being molested.

NAMBLA has been connected to the rape and murder of a young boy...when his killers were caught one of NAMBLA"s magazines was found in their car...subject...having liasons with boys and not getting caught by the law...which is what this organization is all about...They need to be shut down...damn...they got some of the Right to Life crowd with RICO...sounds like they could use that against NAMBLA...boy...the ACLU is protecting their right to free speech which seems to include felony conspiracy.

Ya know...if I were involved in a law suit and the ACLU said they'd defend me...I'd settle out of court with those suing me because I'm almost for sure in the wrong if the ACLU offers to help me.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    If it's a constitutionally protected right to BURN the flag because you DISAGREE with the government...wouldn't it or shouldn't it be a constitutionally protected right to FLY the flag if you AGREE with the government?

We're talking apples and oranges here. The issue is that some private commnity has their own rules against installing and or displaying large objects. Perhaps they feel it's an eye sore. The issue is not with the flag per se. This commnity probably also doesn't want someone burning a flag on one of their streets.

Sure, the bill of rights ensures freedom of speech, but free speech has a limit doesn't it? Also, I bet when that person moved into this community he saw all of the "rules" that the community had about displaying or installing objects.

Who should win here? The rules of this private community or the person who wants to show a flag? Should this person be able to install or display any object of his choosing?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

D,

The point is...if this guy were out in the middle of the street of this housing community burning the flag and the community was giving him grief the ACLU would be all over it...now wouldn't they (just nod your head up and down...ya know they would).

Actually, in Florida I think it is...they've decided that free speech rights outweigh the authority of these Nazi housing committees.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Currently, the Housing Association is trying to foreclose on the exMarines house for their legal fees. Last night, on Hannity and Colmes, Sean Hannity offered to raise all the money needed to fend them off. Kudos to Sean, especially for pledging the first $5,000.

http://www.ccfj.net/flyoldglory39.html

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

BTT,

I like this thread.

The point is...if this guy were out in the middle of the street of this housing community burning the flag and the community was giving him grief the ACLU would be all over it...now wouldn't they (just nod your head up and down...ya know they would).

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

I thought that Nambla was only a fiction from South Park... It makes you glad ther IS a hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit