Johnny Cash and John Ritter have died

by obiwan 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• obiwan
    obiwan

This so bums me out. I'm not a big Johnny Cash fan, but he was a cornerstone for the country music industry.

John Ritter was a funny guy, I wiil always remember Three's Company.

They will both be missed.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm very sad here. I was a huge Cash fan. But, once June died, I knew he'd soon follow. It's just the way of things.

ash

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yes, both will be missed.

Johnny Cash was looking pretty bad - and I am not too surprised.

John Ritter - this was a surprise! He was still young and active! His type of humor was 'one of a kind' - and I will miss seeing him on TV.

Regards,

Jim TX

• obiwan
    obiwan

John Ritter was 54, died of a massive heartattack, he had the attack on the set of his new tv series. Man, can you imagine how the people on the set feel?

• rocketman
    rocketman

I just read about Ritter. How sad - the guy was only 54. I used to watch Three's Company quite often back in the day. And Johnny Cash was a legend in music. Sad.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I was a huge Cash fan. But, once June died, I knew he'd soon follow

I knew it too. The man in black will be missed.

Just a few years ago, Cash not only released a couple of fantastic cds but also gained a whole new generation of fans. He was a legend with a long and successful career. Now he has joined his beloved wife. I wish them both well.

WALK THE LINE

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine. I keep my eyes wide open all the time. I keep the ends out for the tie that binds. Because you're mine, I walk the line.

I find it very, very easy to be true. I find myself alone when each day is through. Yes, I'll admit I'm a fool for you. Because you're mine, I walk the line.

As sure as night is dark and day is light. I keep you on my mind both day and night. And happiness I've known proves that it's right Because you're mine, I walk the line.

You've got a way to keep me on your side. You give me cause for love that I can't hide. For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide. Because you're mine, I walk the line

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Sitcom Star John Ritter Collapses on Set, Dies

56 minutes ago
    Add Entertainment - Reuters TV to My Yahoo!

By Peter Henderson

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Emmy award-winning actor John Ritter ( news ), who gained fame playing bumbling and lovable characters in a pair of television comedies decades apart, has died suddenly due to a previously undetected arterial problem, his representatives said on Friday.

Reuters Photo

Ritter, who was 54, collapsed on Thursday evening while filming "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter," the ABC television comedy which had reinvigorated his career and was a centerpiece of the network's upcoming fall season.

The former star of "Three's Company" was taken to Providence St. Joseph hospital in Burbank, California, across from the studio where he had been working.

Surgeons at the hospital were unable to save him, and he died from a "dissection of the aorta," which results from an unrecognized flaw in a main artery from the heart, his publicists, Wolf-Kasteler & Associates Public Relations, said.

Ritter was best known for his portrayal of Jack Tripper in the 1970s situation comedy "Three's Company," which won him Emmy, Golden Globe and People's Choice awards.

A prolific actor, Ritter recently reconnected with television audiences as the star of "8 Simple Rules."

Ritter played Paul Hennessy in the family comedy about a father dealing with his precocious daughters which was one of the Walt Disney Co.-owned network's hits in the 2002 season.

"All of us at ABC, Touchstone Television and The Walt Disney Company are shocked and heartbroken at the terrible news of John's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children at this very difficult time," ABC said in a statement.

Born into a Hollywood family, John Ritter was the son of country singer and actor Tex Ritter ( news ) and graduated from Hollywood High School, where he was student body president.

He graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in drama and went on to act in film, television and on the stage.

He is survived by his wife, Amy Yasbeck ( news ) and their daughter, Stella and three children, Carly, Tyler and Jason, from his first marriage to Nancy Morgan.

Ravyn
  • Ravyn
    Ravyn

what was surprising about Johnny Cash was that he died of complications from diabetes. He has been in the hospital every year for the last few with pneumonia and they said he had some kind of disease of the nervous system that caused the pneumonia(I have no clue what that could be)--and he was just released from the hospital from the pneumonia not that long ago---I didn't expect diabetes to kill him!

Makes me think maybe he neglected things out of grief.

Ravyn

• little witch
    little witch

I am so upset. So sad.

First I heard the news, just as I awoke this morning, that John Ritter had died, who I liked so much.

Then, just as I thought the day couldnt get any worse, the news of Johnny Cash.

I am a huge fan of J.C., and as someone already said, he is a cornerstone of country music, and his

passing has left me shaken.

Godspeed, John and Johnny

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I am shocked. I have always been a huge fan of John Ritter, and I watched "8 Simple Rules" with my kids every week. This is tragic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit